Recent content by Toranaga

  1. T

    Socket 423 motherboard

  2. T

    2nd Harddrive

  3. T

    Long throw projector

    thanks for the suggestion to go to the avsforum, its really good. I think we're going to buy one off ebay, any companies to stay away from?
  4. T

    Long throw projector

    Hey everyone, My friends and I are looking to buy a projector to mount on a balcony that will project onto a wall of a building about 60 feet from us. OUr main issue right now is cost, we need the projector to be as cheap as possible, while still being able to show standard TV alright. Does...
  5. T

    Client Box

    hmm, lots of options to think about, thanks to everyone for this great information
  6. T

    Client Box

    thank you all for the great advise, it has definetly helped. A few more questions though: In my room, a mini box works fine, but for the living room, it has to be a horizontal box, any suggestions there? Also, for IR remotes, do any of these boxes offer good internal places to place an ir...
  7. T

    Client Box

    Does anyone have suggestions for cheap to moderatly expensive, small clinet boxes. I want these client boxes to be small and pleasant looking, so it looks nice with regular A/V equiptment, but also capable as a computer. It needs graphics good enough to output component to a HDTV and a...
  8. T

    Sound port splitter

    awsome thank you
  9. T

    Sound port splitter

    Hey, Does anyone know where I would be able to find a splitter for the sound out port on my computer so I can hook one line to my computer speakers and one to my TV. Also, what exactly is that port called.
  10. T

    HTPC Storage help

    rly, awsome, thanks
  11. T

    A/V cable

    thanks
  12. T

    A/V cable

    Hey, right now I have a MSI geforce FX5600 with an Svideo dongle and onboard sound on my Dell dimension 4300 (2001). I want to be able to hook my computer up to my TV (only has composite cables (red, yellow, white)), while still being able to use my computer with audio. I know i need an svideo...
  13. T

    HTPC Storage help

    Ok thanks
  14. T

    HTPC Storage help

    Its from september 2001, and is a dell dimension 4300. 1.5 ghz P4, 1 gb of ram, currently 40 gb hard drive. I would get a normal ATA hard drive, but I want to be able to use the faster speed of SATA when I upgrade my computer (eventually, lol). You can't upgrade dell motherboards, so if you know...
  15. T

    HTPC Storage help

    Hey, I’m interested in turning my old PC into a HTPC/file server. It’s pretty old and I don’t think it has SATA ports on it, but the new hard drive I’m going to get I want to last for awhile, through a transition to a new computer specifically. So I’m looking for a PCI hardware SATA or SATA2...
Back
Top