Nobody know anything about this? I thought I may have got at least some sort of response (as this is supposedly the 'top' support forum on the web) but obviously I thought wrong.
1 - Should run without, but you have a very powerful card there, so I would plug it in anyways.
2- You shouldn't need to buy a convertor. I am running my A8N-SLI Deluxe here with a standard 20 pin plugged into the 24 pin socket (no convertor) - the plug is keyed so it will still fit. If you...
I haven't, but a couple of weeks ago a customer bought their system into the shop to be looked at as it would only boot into Windows 3 times out of 5. Couldn't see anything wrong with it at first, caps all ok, PC Check showed no problems with it's tests, updated drivers, put a clean HDD on &...
I know I am bringing up old threads here, but I had the same problem this week with my A8N-SLI Deluxe. No matter what I do, it will not install the OS to a RAID array on the Nvidia SATA controller, but works just fine on the SI controller. I specifically bought new drives (SATA-2) to run on the...
I recently read Kyle's review of the A8N-SLI Deluxe and noticed that he could not get an OS to install on a RAID array hosted on the Nvidia SATA controllers. Has anyone found out a way of doing this as of yet (with or without a driver floppy - can never find a damn FDD when I need one!!! lol)...
Maybe not with AMD board chipsets on XP, but an Asus P4P800 running XP+SP2 will display under System Properties, 3.5GB with 4 x 1GB modules without having to do anything (on the previous BIOS to the latest beta as the latest Beta shows 3.25GB). Asus even have this under the FAQ for the P4P800 as...
This worm is a right pain in the ass!!!!
On one account alone, since 3pm GMT on Friday, I have over 19000 quarantined items in SAV. Overnight alone I have had over 1500 (between 3am-7am GMT) & mixed in with them warning messages from the ISP that the domain has over double it's allocated disk...
The same problem occurs on the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe & Premium (tested not 5 minutes ago) so it is looking more as an actual chipset problem rather than motherboard specific.
Even with 3GB (3 x 1024MB modules) it displays the same problem.
Going to try XP Pro x64 later on (or MSDN Vista) to...
I am considering upgrading my current system that I use for mainly video editing work which I have got too used to and it doesn't feel 'fast enough' anymore.
Current spec is;
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz (Northwood) HT 800FSB
Asus P4P800
4 x 1024MB Kingston CL2 DDR400
1.2TB storage (2 x RAID...
I did consider the idea of 2 x 2048MB modules but the board doesn't support them (plus my boss didn't want to order in memory that we wouldn't sell instantly (most of our systems are for small businesses rather than enthusiasts). I did try a mixture of memory today (spent the past 2 days trying...
Hello people.
First post (so be nice please!!!).
Customer specced up their own machine against advice from myself and the other staff at the company I work at. Below is the spec the customer demanded;
AMD Athlon64 4000+ (S939)
Biostar N4SLI-A9 NF4 motherboard (yes I know but customer...