Comments (maybe suggestions) Required on New Build

ThePimp69

n00b
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
11
I am considering upgrading my current system that I use for mainly video editing work which I have got too used to and it doesn't feel 'fast enough' anymore.

Current spec is;

Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz (Northwood) HT 800FSB
Asus P4P800
4 x 1024MB Kingston CL2 DDR400
1.2TB storage (2 x RAID 0 - 400GB + 500GB & standalone drives for scratchfiles)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128Mb

Thinking of the below to replace;

Asus A8N-32SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ (1MB + 1MB) Retail
OCZ PC-4000 Platinum 2048MB Dual Channel Pack x 2 ( 4 x 1024MB total)
Western Digital Raptor S-ATA 10Krpm 74GB x 2 (to be RAID 0 for system)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 500GB x 4 (to be RAID 0 for storage/scratch files)
Asus Extreme N7800 GTX TOP PCI-E 256MB
Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme-Music
Logitech X530 Speakers
Formac Gallery Xtreme 2010 20.1" TFT 15ms x 2
Antec P180-EU Aluminium Mid-Tower
OCZ ModStream 520W PSU
Asus DRW-1608P2S
120mm Antec QuietCool fans


Anything in the considered spec I should be aware of that could cause problems (obviously the amount of RAM on the NF4 chipset may be an issue but want to get matched modules for XP x64 or Vista when finally released)?

Constructive criticism accepted. I only tend to upgrade my systems every 2-3 years so like to buy as top of the range as possible at the time without being extorted with the latest & greatest 'untested' technology.
 
Back
Top