Has anybody managed this yet?

ThePimp69

n00b
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
11
I recently read Kyle's review of the A8N-SLI Deluxe and noticed that he could not get an OS to install on a RAID array hosted on the Nvidia SATA controllers. Has anyone found out a way of doing this as of yet (with or without a driver floppy - can never find a damn FDD when I need one!!! lol)? Reason I ask is that I have just picked up a couple of SATA-2 drives & want to use them in RAID0 configuration on the Nvidia controller to get the full benefits of the drives (AFAIK the Silicon Image controllers are only standard SATA) but boot from them (not just use them for storage).
 
Nobody know anything about this? I thought I may have got at least some sort of response (as this is supposedly the 'top' support forum on the web) but obviously I thought wrong.
 
ThePimp69 said:
Nobody know anything about this? I thought I may have got at least some sort of response (as this is supposedly the 'top' support forum on the web) but obviously I thought wrong.

Obiously, your 36 days membership and whoping 11 posts have taught you nothing. If its fast and friendly responses you're looking for, this is not the way to get them. Go somewhere else if we're not good enough for you :rolleyes:
 
I had a strange problem when setting up my new build. I only have one sata drive and I installed windows with no raid drivers. it did not like that and was super slow, so I just decided to install them and see what happened. it worked out and is fast now. however, here is the part that concerns you, I do not have a floppy, so I just installed the drivers in windows using the update drivers feature in the device manager. I first downloaded the drivers from my mobo's website, then told the devide manager to update drivers for my HDD, and I told the wizard to lookin the folder that I downloaded. it worked, and installed fine.
 
Back
Top