Recent content by Teh Lurv

  1. T

    Should I return my Galaxy Nexus for a...?

    Yeah, I'm thinking I may cancel my Sprint contract before the 14-day grace is up due to that reception issue in my house.
  2. T

    Should I return my Galaxy Nexus for a...?

    Hey everyone, so yesterday I went back to the Sprint store and picked up a S3. Alas I'm already regretting it. :( My home is in a small low coverage zone so both the Nexus and S3 go in and out of cell roaming. I discovered last night while setting up the phone that when it is plugged in to...
  3. T

    Should I return my Galaxy Nexus for a...?

    Nexus 4 isn't available on Sprint. :-/
  4. T

    Should I return my Galaxy Nexus for a...?

    Hey everyone, I signed up for a 2 year contract with Sprint a week ago. When I signed up, I decided to pick up a Galaxy Nexus. I didn't care for the Motorola UI of my old phone and wanted to try pure Android. I love the UI and like the phone hardware (except no sd slot), but I'm finding the...
  5. T

    Using a Keyboard/Mouse from a HTPC?

    Hey everyone, I recently picked up a 42" HDTV after some research. My plan is to replace both my aging PC monitor and TV and use the TV for both HT & PC gaming with occasional productivity. So far I confirmed that the screen looks good and the text is readable after some configuration. What I...
  6. T

    SILVERSTONE TJ08E - New MicroATX Case

    Any word about this case? I've been interested in this case since I saw the CES video of it about two months, but I haven't heard a peep about it since February.
  7. T

    Does Thermal Paste Have a "Best By" Date?

    I just received in the mail a Thermalright heatsink I ordered online. I originally was planning on using the thermal paste that Thermalright includes with the heatsink, however I noticed that the box is stamped with a QA packing date of 2007. I have partly used tubes of AC5 and generic white...
  8. T

    My mobo keeps reverting to backup BIOS

    Sweet, I thought the backup was read only. I'll give that a try after I reflash.
  9. T

    My mobo keeps reverting to backup BIOS

    Hey everyone, I have a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard which has picked up an annoying habit. I've had the mobo for about nine months now and every other month or so I get during boot that a checksum error has occurred and it is restoring from the backup bios. It occurred again just a few hours...
  10. T

    Windows 7 BSOD: Display Device Failed to Reset

    Thanks for the responses so far. To answer the above: I'm not O/Cing, Memtest passes @ 10hours. I don't have any video diagnostic program, however it isn't taking much for my system to throw up the BSOD. At this point, just starting up the Windows 7 Chess Titan game is enough to make my PC...
  11. T

    Windows 7 BSOD: Display Device Failed to Reset

    Hey everyone, I noticed just over the weekend that my PC was beginning to BSOD with the message "Display Device Failed to Restart". Just before the BSOD, the screen would flash black, my monitor would power cycle, then come back with part of the screen drawn with black and blue dot splotches...
  12. T

    Xonar DG? Or just ALC892?

    The DG does not have ASIO drivers according to the bit-tech review.
  13. T

    a

    No, although IIRC there was a motherboard marketed about a decade ago which used tubes as part of the integrated audio. In any case, vacuum tubes would be pointless since the soundcard would still require a DAC.
  14. T

    How do you clean your case fans?

    For case fans, I use compressed air and some swiffer pads to wipe the hard stuck dust off the blades. Lately I switched over to some anti-static swabs when cleaning off heatsink fins and the fan blades.
  15. T

    Infared and X-ray Spectroscopy Reveals Greek Color Schemes

    Looks tacky now, but that color scheme was probably the new hotness 4000 years ago.
Back
Top