ripped off on the power supply or the processor?
I wanted a decent power supply, just to be future proof. I'd rather have more power than needed then not enough. I don't intend to get all new parts every 3 years. Anyway,everything seems to work okay for me. I had a geforce 7950 gtx graphics...
Hello,
my graphics card died this week and I am looking into purchasing a new one. Here is my system:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
ASUS AMD socket AM2 M2N4-SLI motherboard
2GB Kingston Value RAM
Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt Power supply
LG Flatron 17" Monitor
I am...
Hey there.. I have an X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card and I'm looking to buy logitech speakers.
However, one thing I'm very nervous about is the magnetic field, or magnets contained in speakers and the subwoofer.
Can an LCD monitor be damaged by the magnets or magnetic field? I'm guessing the...
I understand that the x1900xtx is more "shader intensive"; but is this really beneficial to gameplay? Will I see a better performance in newer and older games with a card that has that capability?
Thank you for your responses. The decision is still really hard; if anyone has any further advice or suggestions, let me know.
I'm not interested in overclocking, I just want one single card that is reliable and stable; yet can run the new games on high settings and still run the older games...
Isn't the 7900 still a gamble though? I read a lot of horror stories about artifacting and whatnot. People who buy a 7900, RMA it then get one faulty card after another. I heard that problems were fixed but that it may be hard to get your hands on one.
I play all sorts of games, like Sims 2, Battle For Middle Earth 1 and 2, Battlefield 2, City of Heroes, WoW, Half-Life 2. I play a lot of new and old games, so I want a card that can run both old and new games reliably. I really want to play games on high settings.
Price isn't much of an...
Hey there, I'm trying to find a powerful, yet reliable graphics card.
I'm not interested in Crossfire or SLI. Just a single, powerful graphics card, yet stable and reliable.
I mentioned the cards in the title because I was guessing that I would end up choosing between one of those.
I...