Recent content by StangMan04

  1. S

    Lowest TDP Video Card for Display

    Looking for a video card with the lowest power draw in order to have a display for my Xeon E3-1270. No gaming or anything, just need a display port (DVI) and work with Windows 10. What are the lowest power options out there? (Preferably cheap)
  2. S

    Upgrade i3-2100 to E3-1270 Question

    I am running a dedicated server for Farming Simulator 19 which does not require a GPU to run. I have the system up and running with the i3-2100 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-rev 1.0 motherboard running Windows 10. I have upgraded the BIOS to version F10 to support the E3-1270 according to the...
  3. S

    Ookla: Comcast Fastest ISP, T-Mobile Fastest Wireless Carrier

    Verizon FIOS has been solid for me and I like the upload speeds over cable. My gigabit is a bit slower tonight lol, have a few streams up between youtube and MNF, but shouldn't hurt too much.
  4. S

    Considering getting a Acer Predator XB271HU TN

    I have been going back and forth between the TN and IPS version. I just game so the quickness of the TN appeals to me but then I worry if I should just pay more and get the IPS which is $649 new on newegg. Viewing angle doesn't matter since I sit right in front of my monitor. But, the IPS panel...
  5. S

    Waterblock For GTX 1080

    Yeah I got the correct block and works great
  6. S

    Skylake-X (Core i9) - Lineup, Specifications and Reviews!

    Which should be better for gamers? Skylake-X or wait and see about Coffeelake? I plan to upgrade from my Devils Canyon 4690k OC'd to 4.3ghz on water.
  7. S

    Monitor Suggestions

    Yeah, I have heard about the IPS lottery. Is that for only for 27'' or are 24'' in the same AUO lottery? I sit within two feet of my monitor so maybe 24'' is better for me due to that distance. I don't mind going with 24'' but I don't want to sacrifice 1440p or 144hz. 4k would be nice but I...
  8. S

    Monitor Suggestions

    Looking for a new monitor to replace a 24'' Acer 60hz ~$100 monitor I currently use. I play CSGO and a few other games, so primarily gaming purpose. I have been looking for a 27''/144hz/1440p/IPS monitor. Should I stick with 27'' or just stay at 24'' with 1440p due to pixel density and I read...
  9. S

    Waterblock For GTX 1080

    Good thing I double checked my order. I was ordering the wrong block. The one previously linked was for the Founders Edition according to EKWB configurator. I got this one after checking the configurator...
  10. S

    Waterblock For GTX 1080

    Yup, couldn't find a better deal than $375 after rebates. (after 8% ebay cash and 5% ebates rebate). This should be a nice upgrade over my R9 280.
  11. S

    Waterblock For GTX 1080

    I don't think it is a founders edition. Below is the card I bought. I believe it is the "Blower" version. http://www.ebay.com/itm/302105143290?
  12. S

    New build or upgrade video card?

    I couldn't find any deals on the 1070, but may be blind as well. I jumped on the 1080 card from newegg. $429.99 - 8% cash back on ebay - 5% ebates = $375, so not bad in my books. I wouldn't get a 1080 for full price over a 1070 though.
  13. S

    Waterblock For GTX 1080

    What waterblock are people getting for their regular 1080's? I currently have a EKWB for my R9 280 so I figured I would go with the below block. http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-fc1080-gtx.html
  14. S

    New build or upgrade video card?

    Well reason I mentioned a 1080 was due to the sale at newegg ebay for $429.99. I figured that is decent for a 1080. 1080ti is just too much for me in terms of price for a card. I don't want to spend over $500 for card really. I agree with the memory suggestion.
  15. S

    New build or upgrade video card?

    I currently have a i5-4690k and a R8 280 3GB card. I don't overclock and have a custom waterloop. I am thinking of ditching my waterloop in the future and going back to air. Anyways, I was thinking of doing a new build with Coffee Lake around the corner and going i7. As well bumping my memory...
Back
Top