Recent content by StaggerLee

  1. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    Hi all and thanks for all your inputs, I resolved the issue by replacing the MoBo and now its all good :-)
  2. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    @ MrkXCel Hmm maybe ill give the USB-thingie a try...cause i've bee having problems with USB & PS2 connection to my keyboard also....Guess that tells me that somethng is VERY wrong with the MoBo.. And yes tried disabling onboard stuff @Nenu Thanks but its nono of the 2. I ran BF2 windowed...
  3. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    I'll try these options, thanks Anyone else got any experiences with anything similar?
  4. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    Been there and all i got was this lousy T-shirt... ;-)
  5. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    Hi Shambler and thanks for advice.. I can try bringing my new build to my friends house and hooking it up there, but my network didnt cause ANY problems up until i got the new compy. As for spike in games, i found out that an older game like AoE2 does not lagspike. I already checked temp...
  6. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    Oops forgot to say that. I already did everything i could imagine regarding network. I bought new router, tried connecting directly to the cable modem instead of going thru the router, tried disconneting netcard, and even removed netcard from bios.... Nothing! **Edited OP to state...
  7. S

    Mindpuzzling Lag-spike issue with new setup

    Hi, specs first Asus M2N-X plus Motherb. AMD Athlon64 Dual 6000+ Asus EN8800GT Corsair 2x1Gb DDR2 ram (PC2-8500C5) Corsair HX520W Powersup. Soundblaster Live Value Windows XP Pro (SP2) __________________________________________ Since i bought this new stuff and set it up...
  8. S

    Resolution problem on Syncmaster 204B

    Hi. About 9 months ago i bought a Samsung Syncmaster 204B 20.1" LCD monitor, a great display imo, but a month ago i had to RMA it and i've just gotten a brand new replacement. While the RMA was being processed I used an old 19" CRT monitor instead. But my problem now, is that the new...
  9. S

    Testing a CPU for damage

    My PC recently suffered some damage in a thunder storm, and after replacing some the PSU and mobo it's finally breathing again, however it still doesn't feel like booting. Is there a program that I can use to test the CPU, an Ahtlon 64 X2 4400+ on an A8N32SLI Deluxe? Preferably one that...
  10. S

    Is this a hardware or software issue?

    could it be fried memory? will memtest run from a prompt?
  11. S

    Is this a hardware or software issue?

    exactly the same mobo, with the same BIOS build.
  12. S

    Is this a hardware or software issue?

    So about a week and a half ago, part of my PC was fried by lightning. yay... Thus far i've had to replace the PSU and mobo, and it's finally breathing again. However... It POSTs ok, no problems in BIOS and the drives all spin and are recognised by BIOS. But when I let it run past the POST the...
  13. S

    Creative X-Fi between SLI cards?

    As Haste266 says, it is correct that the only available PCI slot is the one between the 2 GTXs, so my choice is using that slot for a sound card or using the onboard sound. Needless to say i would prefer an X-Fi :)
  14. S

    Creative X-Fi between SLI cards?

    I just wanted to hear if anyone has experience with placing a sound card, not neccesarily the one mentioned, in between 2 graphics cards in an SLI rig (A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo)? As far as i can make out, it should be possible to put an expansion card in the slot between the 2 cards, but im...
  15. S

    A8N32-SLI and expansion card?

    I am the happy new owner of a A8N32-SLI Deluxe with 2 Asus 7900GTX in SLI, and i have a question about inserting an expansion card in the PCI slot between the 2 video cards. Specifically im thinking about getting a Creative X-Fi for my machine, but i wanted to hear if people have any good and/or...
Back
Top