• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by sportwarrior

  1. sportwarrior

    ASUS x670e issue: WIFI suddenly unusable [SOLVED]

    Yeah I managed to find them. I don't know why I couldn't inititally. Auto-rollback didn't work, but a manual rollback did. Wifi is now working. Didn't even receive a response on the other forums I posted. Hardforum continues to be my best bet for crowd-sourced solutions. Thank you, gentlemen.
  2. sportwarrior

    ASUS x670e issue: WIFI suddenly unusable [SOLVED]

    Hey all, Trying to cast a wide net, here, as I really am not sure what to do to fix this stupid problem. I've been running a TUF x670e-PLUS WIFI motherboard for a year and a half, now. The thing has been flawless, including wifi, until recently (within the last month or so). Simply put, my wifi...
  3. sportwarrior

    Dual Bluetooth Keyboard Solutions

    I just completed a new rig and would like to have a single bluetooth keyboard that I can use to switch between computers on the fly. I've been using a simple Arteck keyboard with my laptop and it's always performed well. I figured I'd get an Arteck dual bluetooth keyboard... The problem is, I...
  4. sportwarrior

    Anybody plan on grabbing one of the new RX7xxx Navi cards on launch?

    I snagged an ASUS 6800XT at a solid price before this announcement, thinking that I could return it and purchase an rdna3 card if AMD leaned the right direction. I was really hoping AMD would be aggressive and would make available something in the 7700-7800xt range at a competitive price at...
  5. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    B650 boards announce today. We've already has This still low key blows my mind. I understand the big boys wanna eek out as much performance as they possibly can for launch benchmarks and whatnot, but isn't there just as much cred amongst the enthusiast crowd for OC headroom? Why not match these...
  6. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    I keep saying it, but early adopters are getting in on a new platform that will have at least 3 but as many as 5-6 years of life span. Some people don't use that platform to upgrade, but others do. I, for one, cannot wait to build off this in the future.
  7. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    I believe on of the youtube reviewers (maybe GN) mentioned the IHS being thicker to accommodate the LGA style socket and existing coolers, which in turn could affect thermal performance and heat transfer. But also I might be making that up, I dunno.
  8. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    I really don't understand why they'd choose to ship with a profile that maxes temps at 95. There's gotta be a reason why, right?
  9. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    Another thing .. I've settled on the ASUS Prime line of boards, but I'm really unsure if it's worth it to splurge on the X670E. I don't think I'll ever need the extra m2 slots or the PCIe 5.0 speeds for anything other than the GPU... or will I? I have spent the better part of the last 3 weeks...
  10. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    FYI, I am very very much in the same boat. I am upgrading from a 960 that replaced a 930 i bought in 2010 right at the end of the 1366 socket lifespan. The 960 was the limit of my upgrade path. I chose then to spend less, and it cost me in the long run. I am choosing this time to invest in a...
  11. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    Really not sure how to digest these three boards outside of looks, but I'm interested in the: ASUS Prime X690E-PRO ASUS TUF Gaming X690E-PLUS ASRock X690E Steel Legend I'm leaning toward the Prime (as I mentioned earlier) but I'm really not sure what the differences are other than the PCIe...
  12. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    Granted I haven't built a rig since 2010, but I feel like I went through this same song and dance when trying to decide whether I'd stick with an LGA 1366 or jump to LGA 1155. The price of adoption was higher at the time for 1155, but it was the "new" system and more future proof. I went with...
  13. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    Im tentatively targeting the ASUS Prime X670E-PRO. It seems like a decent value mix of price point, capability, and looks. It's also about $150 more than I expected to spend on a mobo as of a few weeks ago, but I can live with that if the B650Es are underwhelming
  14. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    It doesn't feel as though AM5 is the answer as a generational step up... at least, not at launch. Platform adoption right now is pretty expensive and comes with some compromise. If I were in your position, I'd wait until the dust settles after the Intel announcements before I start considering...
  15. sportwarrior

    Ryzen 4 Reviews Are Out.

    Absolutely this. Nab a basic 7600x now, roll with it till next Christmas, and then use it in a new build for my boys while upgrading my own system with the latest and greatest.
Back
Top