• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by spacegravity4me

  1. S

    My first build

    Yea, but the ASUS looks like it's from the future and that's really what I care about. I'll check them out though. Thanks.
  2. S

    My first build

    alright guys. Thanks. I'll get back to you when the time is right.
  3. S

    My first build

    okay...
  4. S

    My first build

    Hey everybody. I'm starting to plan my first build. I've never really been a hardware guy until recently when I took apart my old desktop to try and see if I could upgrade it. It's got a Gigabyte GA-8SIMLH mb with a centrino processor and 512 mb of ddr ram. Needless to say it is SLOW. I'm...
  5. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    that is balls to the wall awesome my friend! How about ssd's? I know the price is high but man would I love one of those! Oh, my laptop is an acer travelmate c314 xmi. Thanks.
  6. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    it's a laptop, can I even upgrade it? Wow, I feel as though I have entered noob land. lol, I hate that feeling. Wish I knew all about this stuff. I could swear to you that at one point vista's disk manager said it was 97 GB. Swear! I use my laptop as a desktop replacement, journal, artpad...
  7. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    so nobody knows what happened? No one knows of another way to format my hd?
  8. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    1. i installed ubuntu 7.10. 2. i installed vista over ubuntu, i.e. erasing it. 3. i went to this site http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/windows-vista-tutorials/80439-dual-boot-vista-linux-vista-installed-first.html and began following the step by step instructions. 4.When opening the drive...
  9. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    i'll try but it is going to be very difficult to remember
  10. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    I don't know, but I know it's the same thing I see when I go to My Computer and look at how big my HD is. It used to be bigger now it is smaller. :confused:
  11. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    I see what you are saying. But a week ago, before I started this mess, my computer never, ever said 93.2GB. So how was there such an abrupt change?
  12. S

    Missing GB (continued from the "HELP!" thread)

    My point from earlier, before the thread was closed, was that neither linux or windows is able to see my 100GB hard drive as 97.3 GB after a full format. Instead it shows my total hard drive space is 93.2 GB. What changed to make me lose 4 GB of, what is in my situation, very valuable storage...
  13. S

    URGENT PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATLY!!!!

    Hi guys, this is my first post and I haven't got alot of time. My computer was acting up after using vista for a while so I decided to reformat and start everything over just in time for school. I have an acer c310 convertible tablet pc with 100 GB hard drive. I went to use the acer recovery...
Back
Top