• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Siamese Almeida

  1. S

    Means to check input lag @120hz?

    I am aware of this, but I've heard that it's designed for 60hz and that it's not reliable for higher refresh rate testing.
  2. S

    Means to check input lag @120hz?

    These are motion tests. I'm looking to test input lag.
  3. S

    Means to check input lag @120hz?

    I want to test out input lag on a LCD I own. I've been meaning to test it out with a CRT via the display clone method, but I'm having trouble finding a free timer application that is confirmed to be reliable at 120hz. Can you recommend me anything?
  4. S

    DVI phased out?

    I've heard that you need an active adapter if you want to pump out 144hz. Couldn't tell you why, I haven't come across an explanation.
  5. S

    DVI phased out?

    I've been meaning to get the xl2411z as it seems like the best as well as cheapest 1080p 144hz solution. However, it lacks for a DP port and it seems DVI inputs are being phased out in the near future. I'm worried that I'll have to resort to adapters in the future and that they may cause...
  6. S

    Decent 22'' to 24'' 1080p IPS display for photography

    Actually, this is something he is aware of and precisely why he wants a smaller screen. Due to his eyesight, he likes to be very close to the screen, so he figured that a smaller dot would be beneficial. In the end though, he really overestimated the size of a 24'' screen so I convinced him to...
  7. S

    Decent 22'' to 24'' 1080p IPS display for photography

    Apart from vertical pivot, he doesn't really need any special features and you won't find a 5000:1 contrast ratio IPS in the first place -- hell, it's difficult enough finding a VA that goes past 3000:1. We'll probably get the p2217h. At the end of the day, if he's really adamant about 22'' and...
  8. S

    Decent 22'' to 24'' 1080p IPS display for photography

    Oh, I've got a 27'' with room to spare. This IPS is for my father and he really wants a 22'' for some reason. I tried to dissuade him, but he's convinced he wants a smaller screen. I'm aware of this. Display lottery becomes very hard the smaller you go because QA is obviously going to be more...
  9. S

    Decent 22'' to 24'' 1080p IPS display for photography

    Thanks. Is there perhaps a 21~22'' equivalent? What is Dell's P series like these days?
  10. S

    Decent 22'' to 24'' 1080p IPS display for photography

    I haven't followed the scene closely for a while so I don't know if any advancements have been made in the past two years or so. I'm looking for something in the 200 to 250 € range. Can you help me out?
  11. S

    Xiaomi 10400mAh Aluminium Alloy Power Bank $24.99

    Alright, what the hell happened to the link? Here it is anyway:
  12. S

    Xiaomi 10400mAh Aluminium Alloy Power Bank $24.99

    I'm not a fan of iphones in the least, but my sister got one and now she needs a charger for the holidays. Saw this, seems cheap, thinking about buying one for her since I'm about to place an order on that site for a different item anyway. What do you think...
  13. S

    Why is there alot of markting for monitors about specs but not for TV's ?

    How sure are you about this? I've never seen a TN TV in my life.
  14. S

    Help me decide either Benq GW2760HS or Samsung S27C750P.

    Some S27c750p units have brighter blacks than others. Mine in particular unfortunately seems to be in the brighter batch. I never measured, but my VA Sony Bravia definitely has deeper blacks than my Samsung. Definitely still ahead of any TN or IPS panel, but it's something to be vary of. I think...
Back
Top