Recent content by Shrane

  1. S

    Where do you buy your games?

    Usually Amazon, Ebay, and Steam.
  2. S

    Name your game(s)...

    Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie were among my fav n64 games. They're still fun to this day! Catchy music too. :p Morrowind was great. Loved the modding community that existed. So many amazing modifications to the game by the very dedicated community.
  3. S

    Name your game(s)...

    Little King's Story God of War 1,2, and 3 Spore Heavy Rain Final Fantasy 13 Muramasa the Demon Blade Red Dead Redemption!
  4. S

    Budget Gaming Rig

    Sure thing. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? Wow, Starcraft 2, Movies 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? $350.00 including tax and shipping. 3) Where do you live? Washington State 4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU...
  5. S

    Budget Gaming Rig

    Hey all. Sold my last rig. Time to build a new one on a strict budget! My goal is to be able to play WoW and Starcraft 3 on high settings. No need to max out. Hoping I can get some advice on the best GPU/MB/Ram/CPU combo on my lousy gaming budget! :) What parts do you have already? I have the...
  6. S

    Another gaming build @ $800

    Budget? $800. Cheaper is better. If something is just a bit over my budget but provides noticeable performance gains, then we can add it. Which parts you need within that budget? CPU, RAM, GPU, MB, Disk Drive, Hard Drive, PSU What the system is going to be used for? Gaming @ 1920x1200 and...
  7. S

    Should I upgrade, or build a budget gaming rig?

    Thanks for the suggestions. As far as the suggested video cards go, is the Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 noticeably better at high resolutions than the Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3? HardwareGuru's list seems pretty solid as far as bang for your buck goes. Will the 430w Antec PSU be...
  8. S

    Should I upgrade, or build a budget gaming rig?

    Besides the case I have a DVD/RW drive that I will be using along with all of the general peripherals. Logitech G5 Mouse, Saitek Eclipse keyboard and headphones. I have a copy of Windows XP Pro as well. EDIT: I have a POWMAX PSU. 400w. I'm surprised it's lasted 5 years.
  9. S

    Should I upgrade, or build a budget gaming rig?

    My current rig Pentium 4 3.0ghz Geforce FX5900 1GB DDR400 Asus P4P800 MB OEM Creative Live! 5.1 sound card This hardware has served me very well over the years, however it's time for me to upgrade despite my strict budget. I want to be able to play HD video sources and run the following games...
  10. S

    Time for a new gaming build, suggestions welcome!

    Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s -$74.99 CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU -$270 Combo Memory-G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ 2 x 2GB DDR2 1000 RAM -$67.99 CD/DVD-Samsung SH-222F 22X DVD±R SATA DVD Burner -$25.99 Cooler- Xigmatek HDT-S1283...
  11. S

    Time for a new gaming build, suggestions welcome!

    Thanks for that link Rydawg! So you think the 4870 will be enough to handle games like Oblivion at 19200x1200? (Modded with high rez texture packs) Furthermore a few posts down from Danny's, it was mentioned that an Asus P5Q Pro board replace the Gigabyte P45 for the combo 8400 deal. What board...
  12. S

    Time for a new gaming build, suggestions welcome!

    I'm going to wait to jump on the i7 bandwagon. Things will be expensive, as it will be fresh on the market. DDR3 ram is still expensive, and the motherboards will be pricey as well. It would be hard to stay in my budget. I think I'll go with a Q6600. As far as video cards go, I'm still a...
  13. S

    Time for a new gaming build, suggestions welcome!

    Well it's that time of year! I've been holding off upgrading my 3.0ghz pentium 4 system for years now. I still have an old Geforce FX5900 card, 1gb of ddr ram and an Asus board. One of the most reliable systems ever. Five years now and no problems. My new rig will be built for gaming first...
  14. S

    Has anyone else ever ordered from BenQ's direct store?

    Hello everyone. I just wanted to update those that might be curious. My order was placed 6/3/2008, and it shipped on friday, 6/6/2008. It is supposed to be here tommorow, 6/10/2008. If the package and monitor is in good shape tommorow, then I'll be pleased with the transaction. We'll see! :p
  15. S

    Has anyone else ever ordered from BenQ's direct store?

    I recently made a purchase at Benq's site. My order was made 6/3/2008 6:22, and it has yet to ship out. I guess it should be expected being I didn't order from a large online retailer. I hope it ships out today though. I'll post again when it ships. Anyone else vigoriously checking their...
Back
Top