Recent content by seannymurrs

  1. S

    Display Mirroring, would this work?

    Ok, here's my situation. My PC is currently in my den, along with my TV. I've contemplated hooking my PC up to my TV permanently, but there are some situations where I would much rather be sitting at a desk versus sitting on the couch. That being said, there are other times (most PC games) where...
  2. S

    What should I upgrade?

    PC is hooked up to my TV, 50" 1080p plasma. I use the machine as my HTPC as well as for gaming. Been playing Skyrim recently, as well as Batman Arkham City, AC: Revelations, and games like that. PSU is a OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W that I got about a year and a half ago when the rest of the machine...
  3. S

    What should I upgrade?

    I have about $200 to spend, and would like some input on what needs updating in my system. My specs are listed below. Right now I'm leaning towards getting a second 5770, but am open to suggestions. CPU: Intel i7 920 Mobo: Asus Rampage II Gene RAM: 6GB HDD: 40GB SSD (OS), 60GB SSD...
  4. S

    Best way to use my 2 SSD drives?

    I have 2 SSD drives, and am trying to figure out the best way to use them. I have a Intel X25-V 40GB drive, and just received a OCZ Vertex 3 60GB drive as a gift. I'd like to use both, so I figure I need to use one as a system drive and one as a drive for my games. I have a separate 2TB drive...
  5. S

    Refurbished Studio 15 vs something else?

    A buddy of mine is looking to buy a new laptop, and he'd like to spend less than $500. The most demanding thing he'll be doing with it would be the occasional video editing, but even that wouldn't be anything too fancy. I found a refurbished Dell Studio 15 for $499 that I thought looked pretty...
  6. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    I have a quick question regarding the front panel audio connectors. I have mine plugged into the onboard audio connector of my Asus Rampage II Gene board, and because of the missing pin on the connector there is really only one way it can be plugged in. While the front panel connector seems to...
  7. S

    New PC, won't POST

    Just built a new PC this afternoon, and I can't get it to POST. When I turn it on it powers up and all the fans start spinning, but I get no video. I also get no beeps from the system speaker (it's supposed to beep once if everything is ok, and one short and then three long if it can't detect...
  8. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    Can someone who has recently received their order please tell me how long of a wait it was between placing your order and it actually being shipped? I placed my order a week ago and haven't heard anything from Lan-Gear yet, other than a order confirmation.
  9. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    Can someone confirm whether or not the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme will fit when used on an Asus Rampage II Gene?
  10. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    Any estimates as to when orders are going to be shipped? I placed my order last week, and am very anxious to get my build together.
  11. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    For heatsinks that can be mounted either way, would it make more sense to install it with the heatsink fan blowing out the back of the case, or blowing toward the side of the case. It seems like most of the pictures I see have it blowing towards the side, but I'm not sure if that's just because...
  12. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    Well, the last of my components came today. Now all I'm waiting for is my case. I'm not sure I'm going to make it...
  13. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    Can anyone give me details on the fans that are included with the case? I've seen some pics where they have been replaced with Noctua fans, and I'm wondering if I should plan on doing the same.
  14. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    I have a quick question regarding the fans in the case, specifically the optional 92mm and 60mm fans. I read somewhere that the optional 90mm fan is for the hard drives, which I'm hopefully not going to need since I'll be using one SSD and one WD Green hard drive. What I'm not sure about is...
  15. S

    New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

    Took the plunge and placed an order for a DA BOX 100 Classic. I knew I didn't want a window, but was torn between a Classic or a Blackheart. Decided to save the $20 and get the Classic since, without a window, I wouldn't be seeing the inside all that often anyway.
Back
Top