• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by samerikanyets

  1. S

    Reposted question about MS Access 2010..

    If all of your data was in one table then yes, you could sort it multiple times to get a nested sorting effect. If the data you need is on two or more different tables, then the people who counseled you are correct; you would create a query. In its simplest form, if you want an output...
  2. S

    Intel 510 250 gig Performance...

    Just finished the week-long comedy of errors that was me trying to install 2 510 drives on the 9128. Ended up where I had to switch out the sata 3 cables for old sata cables and move the OS drive to the intel chipset before it would work. IDE mode/AHCI mode, OS on one drive vs the other, none...
  3. S

    Terrible in math, is CS right for me?

    it can be done; my wife did it. she liked coding enough to stick with it after she failed some calculus class along the way and a physics class (twice if memory serves). it was a problem, but some of what factors in is how many other problems do you have (working full time while in school...
  4. S

    AT&T Spends Less on Network Construction While Charging More

    to me it's more interesting that the data revenues are up 80% but overall profit is flat. I would find it much more damning if profits were up and they still weren't spending on the network. As it is, I suppose they're making some short-sighted decisions to keep profits steady and stockholders...
  5. S

    does the school matter more than the grades?

    I don't hire programmers (as I work in finance), but the gist of what I look for would probably apply. When I look to hire for roles with limited experience, I look at: Does your resume have mispellings, crappy gpa/no gpa listed, does it annoy me/bore me with worthless data or distracting...
  6. S

    Best Buy Gives Bonuses For Not Price Matching?

    I'd like BB to offer customers a badge they can wear that says "will pay an extra dollar per purchase not to put up with b.s." I'd pay an extra buck not to get the run-around on price matches, no warranty sales pitch, no offer for "free" magazines, etc. Make it a membership club or something.
  7. S

    Big, Bad Intel Up To No Good Again?

    Past behavior aside, if Nvidia does indeed try to launch an x86 CPU in the future, we'll see what Intel does then. If they block that with their patents, I think that's a pretty clear indication that they're operating as a monopoly. That's where my line in the sand is anyway.
  8. S

    Quad FX Dead? Do We Care?

    As another one who bought Quad FX, I'll be disappointed if they don't do something to make the upgrade to 8 cores possible; Quad FX was specifically marketed as a system you could buy today and upgrade when the new processors launched. Rather than shafting us, AMD should just find a better way...
  9. S

    Excel question

    I think you'd need to record the tool number and the repair number every time you made a repair. You could do that in two separate columns: one for the tool number, and one for the repair number. That way when you need to pull up a repair number, you filter your data for that repair number...
  10. S

    Excel or Access?

    maybe you can setup some of your tables in excel, and then import them into Access. I agree that you'll probably want to maintain it in Access, but you could use Excel to do some of the startup to get you going.
  11. S

    Excel Data Protection

    If you're using a combo box, you might have problems, but in-cell drop downs should lock like Met-AL said.
  12. S

    64-bit XP

    Unless you're doing something where you need more than 4gb of memory, XP64 would offer no real upside, and there's still plenty of software/hardware that isn't supported for XP64.
  13. S

    Excel question

    It sounds like your best bet might be to fill in todays date manually and drag that down for the following days. Excel is good about recognizing a series for dates, months, etc. If you've got a large spreadsheet that goes on for several weeks, you can drag down for all those future weeks, and...
  14. S

    access table merging

    I'm not sure I understand your situation, but if you have two tables, one with names and IDs and one with all your data by name, you can join the two tables by name and Access will create a row for each ID. You'd just have to make sure the names are the same in both tables.
  15. S

    Delete Please.

    Ethical issues aside, if they keep pressing to get the processor back you could inform them that, upon closer inspection, you realized it wasn't an ES after all. What a big misunderstanding! Tell them sorry for the confusion, and wish them well in their witch hunt.
Back
Top