I have a small problem. I have a table (many rows and columns) with names. I also have a bunch of ID numbers. Some names have multiple IDs associated with them. I'd like to replace all the names with IDs. If a name has mutiple IDs, all IDs have to be inserted (new cells have to be created to fit the extra ones).
Is this possible in Access? If it was just one ID per name (and vice versa), this would be a piece of cake. If I could use a real programming language, it would be harder, but possible. But I have to use just Office to accomplish this. I only have limited Access knowledge. Is there maybe some sort of an obscure function that can do this?
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Is this possible in Access? If it was just one ID per name (and vice versa), this would be a piece of cake. If I could use a real programming language, it would be harder, but possible. But I have to use just Office to accomplish this. I only have limited Access knowledge. Is there maybe some sort of an obscure function that can do this?
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.