• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by runelynx

  1. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    Whats this about cpu now ?! A dollar short and a day late I might add ;) The e6700 is $200 more for minimal boost... and the e6600 can be overclocked with stock cooling to 3.0+ghz.
  2. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    Any ideas on my hard drives?
  3. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    The decision has been made! It's arriving tomorrow! oooh the weekend I'll have!! Just cross your fingers nothing turns out to be a lemon~ One last question regarding hard drives. I'll be taking my 2 SATA hard drives out of my existing computer for use in the new one. What will happen when I...
  4. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    As for resolution, I usually operate off of 1680/1050 w/ widescreen... cost me a pretty penny so I'll be staying with that one for some time to come!
  5. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    Thanks for the posts guys! On the case... I have no affinity to that case; I was simply looking around. Space to maneuver inside the case without having cables jammed everywhere is very important to me. I have big hands so I want room to work!! My current case is the Coolermaster...
  6. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    Ok what do you think of these preliminary items: Case: (Antec 900) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129021 Processor: (Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail )...
  7. R

    Yet Another PCIe Upgrade :)

    Hello :rolleyes: I currently have a system that does pretty much what I need it to do. However, looking forward to Vista and upcoming games etc, I've been browsing new video cards and the like. Unfortunately, upgrading my video card at this point would mean going to PCI-e and upgrading my...
  8. R

    Need some pointers please?

    This is the monitor at the top of the list right now... A little outside the price range, but workable... and I figure it's better to invest a bit more now and have a nicer monitor for a longer period of time. http://www.gateway.com/home/products/ret/ret_fpd2185w.shtml
  9. R

    Need some pointers please?

    it's a different type of glare.... the glare on the glossy screen doesn't wash out your entire picture like it does on normal LCD screens.
  10. R

    Need some pointers please?

    Hello I'm looking to buy a new LCD monitor for my desktop. I currently have a Dell 1700FPW, which I got ages ago and still uses analog... so I'm sure it's very outdated. :D I now have a GeForce 6800 Ultra w/ the 2 DVI ports... so I'm ready to get a DVI LCD. I'd like at least 19".. 20"...
Back
Top