• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some pointers please?

runelynx

n00b
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
10
Hello

I'm looking to buy a new LCD monitor for my desktop. I currently have a Dell 1700FPW, which I got ages ago and still uses analog... so I'm sure it's very outdated. :D

I now have a GeForce 6800 Ultra w/ the 2 DVI ports... so I'm ready to get a DVI LCD. I'd like at least 19".. 20" would be nice, if not too expensive... and I really like those glossy screens that reduce glare (my laptop has it, love it :D )

I'm willing to spend up to $500... but under $400 would be nice... can anyone suggest a really great gaming LCD monitor?? My old one is just so faded-out... ghosting is very bad... I know an LCD won't ever match up to a CRT, but I'd like to get as close as I can.

I've looked around and I just don't feel like I know enough about the response time / grey to grey... contrast ratios ?? ... I can build a system just fine, but I'm not all that into monitor stuff. Just looking for someone to point out some nice ones if they can.

Thanks :)
 
santaliqueur said:
my laptop has this too, and i also love it, but to me, it increases glare.

It sure the hell does increase glare, but only if I have a light on in the room, with lights off everything's peachy :D Is it suppost to be for glare reduction? Or is it an anti scratch thingy? :confused:
 
it's a different type of glare.... the glare on the glossy screen doesn't wash out your entire picture like it does on normal LCD screens.
 
Back
Top