Recent content by richardwertz

  1. R

    Cheap E-mail/Browser build

    I'm thinking about putting my dad together a cheap build for father's day/his birthday. All he really uses the computer for is checking his e-mail, browsing simple webpages, and watching the occasional YT vid here and there. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web...
  2. R

    6850 is downclocking, how to stop it?

    Right click the YouTube video, settings, uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration" Worked for me with the same issue, good luck
  3. R

    Radeon 6850/6950 downclocking

    It worked. Thanks!
  4. R

    Radeon 6850/6950 downclocking

    One have one monitor, but I play WoW so if I have WoW open and no videos in Firefox open, its at 775MHz and as soon as I open a vid it drops to 300MHz even with WoW still open and playing
  5. R

    Radeon 6850/6950 downclocking

    Does anyone know why Radeon 6850/6950s down clock while watching any video (YouTube mainly) when you have a game open? And is there any way to prevent this?
  6. R

    Logitech G930 Users

    I bought a G930 around 3 weeks ago and it's been excellent. Used it mainly on W7 64-bit Ultimate and an older W7 Pro 64-bit. All was well. I recently put together a new build in place of the latter computer and when attempting to use the G930, the mic has HORRIBLE quality. I went in Ventrilo and...
  7. R

    Cheap WoW build

    No microcenters nearby so those are out of the question. Gonna go take a nap and i'll look this thread over when I get up. Thanks for all the input so far
  8. R

    Cheap WoW build

    Currently looking to build a cheap computer for browsing / WoW. I just built a SandyBridge build, but I'm a college student and back and forth between home and college so I'd like to get a decent computer at home for WoW. It's hard to go from 100+fps at max settings to <30 on low settings lol...
  9. R

    HardDrive Comparisons

    Just wondering if there would be any noticeable speed differences in between the following two HDDs? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822144327 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185&cm_re=spinpoint_f3-_-22-152-185-_-Product
  10. R

    Budget WoW Build

    Okay. Thanks guys. It's been ordered with XFX in place of the HSI.
  11. R

    Budget WoW Build

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc World of Warcraft, PS CS5, YouTube, basic browsing, etc. 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? ~600 including shipping & taxes 3) Where do you live? CA 4) What exact parts do you need for that...
  12. R

    Overscan/Underscan

    Well I unplugged the monitor and plugged it back into the outlet and for some reason it's working fine now. Weird.
  13. R

    Overscan/Underscan

    yeah it doesn't fit the screen at 0% and I can't find any scaling options in my monitor settings. Maybe I need to get a different monitor, idk
  14. R

    Overscan/Underscan

    I just built a new computer and I'm having trouble getting my screen picture to fit my monitor. I bought the Hanns.G 25 inch 1080p monitor from newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254048&cm_re=hanns_g-_-24-254-048-_-Product and a XFX Radeon 6950 also. I CAN get the...
Back
Top