• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech G930 Users

Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
16
I bought a G930 around 3 weeks ago and it's been excellent. Used it mainly on W7 64-bit Ultimate and an older W7 Pro 64-bit. All was well. I recently put together a new build in place of the latter computer and when attempting to use the G930, the mic has HORRIBLE quality. I went in Ventrilo and instantly get 10 people telling me I sound like crap. I get to looking and in the recording options the sample rate for the mic is locked at 16 bit 16000Hz (Tape Recorder Quality). It's greyed out and there's no way to change it at all. This is obviously the problem because every mic I've ever used has been at 44100Hz and sounds perfect. I plugged in an older G35 (which has a buzzing from the right ear - thats the reason I don't just use them) I have and I'm able to select the sample rate and put it higher and it sounds fine. I tested the G930 on my 64-bit W7 laptop as well, same issue. Apparently they recently updated the drivers on March 29th to fix some static issue? The ones I have been using were prior to that. I can't test it on the other computer that it worked well on because I'm not where it's located right now. Either way, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if not what OS are you running and have you dl'ed the newest drivers?

Also, if anyone knows of a good NON-LOGITECH gaming headset in the $50-130 range, please let me know. I'm probably just going to return the G930 and get something that will actually work.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top