Recent content by raoulvaz

  1. R

    GTX 460 SLI or single 560 Ti

    I actually have SLi 460's and noticed that there is a weird coincidence when playing BF3 and stuttering (not microstutter or that weird jittering some people have, talking about like half second freezes or incredible choppiness). Every time it happened the hard drive was being read from, going...
  2. R

    Building a router

    Hi So I recently discovered that I could make use of my old computer by turning it into a router. Our current one is nearly as old as the computer itself and its constantly causing issues, so I figured I would turn this thing into one. I saw the guide where it recommends getting 2 NIC's...
  3. R

    Thermalright Silver Arrow Heatsink and Fan Unit Review @ [H]

    Just wondering, how much does the backplate stick off the back of the motherboard at the areas it screws in through the top? Reason I ask is I have a haf 932 with a x58 ud4p, and the little window thats supposed to allow easy access to that area seems to be a bit off; the bottom left hole is...
  4. R

    More GeForce GTX 580 Rumors

    So if I'm not mistaken, this is like a really beefy 460?
  5. R

    Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD Sound Card Review @ [H]

    I have a xonar essence STX and that delay used to drive me nuts with instruments. What I ended up doing was installing ASIO drivers (ASIO 4 all I think), using acid pro for recording, and making it use ASIO as the default device for recording/playback. This does have a few problems (cant have...
  6. R

    Tech Tricks We're Sick of Seeing in Movies

    I agree with most of them, but that scene in Jurassic park was great.
  7. R

    Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD Sound Card Review @ [H]

    I feel the same way about creative as many people in this thread, was an early vista adopter and the sound card was the one thing giving me constant headaches. Normally I wouldnt immediately rule out buying something from a company based solely on my own past negative experience (maybe I just...
  8. R

    No More Windows XP Preloads

    not sure where you got your starcraft installer from, but the one off battle.net required no voodoo dancing (or compatibility mode for that matter) to get working. In fact I just tried running it off an old hard drive (old windows 7 installation, didnt reformat it) and it worked perfectly.
  9. R

    ASUS ENGTX460 TOP 1GB Video Card Review @ [H]

    How much more can you OC with this compared to say one of the non reference 460's with a custom cooler, but don't have the price premium? I'm canadian and managed to snag 2 1gb gigabyte 460's for under 200$ which was a great deal, but that way back in august (and can do 880/1760 at 1057mv). Is a...
  10. R

    Start Folding the Easy Way!!

    Heh that too :p both are at 880/1760, can do 850 on stock voltage, have to bump it up 2 notches for 880, and cant go much farther at 1087mv maybe i'll turn off my second monitor while I am sleeping then to help Also, just tested that game feature. Stopped as soon as the game window...
  11. R

    Start Folding the Easy Way!!

    Heh that too :p both are at 880/1760, can do 850 on stock voltage, have to bump it up 2 notches for 880, and cant go much farther at 1087mv maybe i'll turn off my second monitor while I am sleeping then to help Also, just tested that game feature. Stopped as soon as the game window...
  12. R

    Start Folding the Easy Way!!

    Right now the GPU running the 925 point credit is listed as 15.3k ppd, while the 912 credit one is 14k ppd. It's been changing a bit (every little thing in firefox seems to cause a drop in gpu usage), but they have both been around 14.7k. I saw that game pause feature, I'll give it a try right...
  13. R

    Start Folding the Easy Way!!

    Right now the GPU running the 925 point credit is listed as 15.3k ppd, while the 912 credit one is 14k ppd. It's been changing a bit (every little thing in firefox seems to cause a drop in gpu usage), but they have both been around 14.7k. I saw that game pause feature, I'll give it a try right...
  14. R

    Start Folding the Easy Way!!

    Ok i'll keep monitoring it for any change over the next couple hours. The clients will be running most of the time, I just say not 24/7 since I do game a bit and would have to pause them. But as mentioned I wont be doing much of that till around mid december. I'll definitely be leaving them on...
  15. R

    Start Folding the Easy Way!!

    Ok i'll keep monitoring it for any change over the next couple hours. The clients will be running most of the time, I just say not 24/7 since I do game a bit and would have to pause them. But as mentioned I wont be doing much of that till around mid december. I'll definitely be leaving them on...
Back
Top