• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Qafyg

  1. Q

    New Motherboard Recommendation

    Hey Guys, Can you recommend a Z97 motherboard for my new ATX build. I'm going to use it for gaming with an Intel 4790k, 2*GTX 970 and 4*4 DDR3 1600 (from my previous build). I was thinking going for the Asus Z97-A. Would I be missing anything? Would going a bit more high end add more...
  2. Q

    Game completion log. 2013 edition.

    All on PC: Farcry 3 Borderlands 2 (+All DLCs) Bioshock Infinite (Normal + 1999) The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days) Rage (Normal + Ultra Nightmare) FTL Metro 2033 Mark of the Ninja Batman: Arkham Asylum XCOM: Enemy Unknown Diablo 3 (Not because it was interesting)
  3. Q

    Weird RAID Benchmarks

    Thanks for the heads up about HDTune, I didn't know it wasnt reliable for raids. My OS is on another single drive, at the time there wasn't even a partition created on the array. I got the same behavior after I formatted a partition though. Firmware was update on all 8 samsungs. It's...
  4. Q

    Weird RAID Benchmarks

    Anyone has any idea what could cause the sudden drops to near 0 MB/s. Raid6 - 64k Stripes - 512k Sectors - WBC Enabled 8 Samsung F4 2TB Computer is freshly installed nothing is running on the array. It happens when I configure HDTune for any block size. Here are a sample with 4k and...
  5. Q

    Asus P8P67 Evo, Stability Problems

    I've been having a lot of stability issues with my P8P67 Deluxe and Corsair memory. My computer always rebooted overnight if left on overnight. Disabling XMP and upgrading to latest bios seems to have helped a lot. No reboot for 3 days.
  6. Q

    Samung F4 - Array settings

    Anyone? Best sector size for a 512e drive?
  7. Q

    Samung F4 - Array settings

    I'm setting up a Raid6 array with 8 Samsung F4 2TB drives running on a Promise 8350 controller to store my many video files. I'm a little bit confused about the array settings I should used. It's my understanding that the Samsung drives are not native 4k sector drive but use 512e, so what...
  8. Q

    Recommendation for file server

    I'm building a file server (E8400, Raid card, CDROM, Cheap Graphic Card) with 8*5400 HDD and 1*7200 HDD. I was wondering which PSU to go with. The capacity calculator I used recommended a minimum of 400W. Does this make sense? The following PSU are currently on sale where I live, which one...
  9. Q

    File Server Tower Case

    Thanks, I'll take a look at that Lian Li. That Fractal Design case looks awesome though, off to find some reviews!
  10. Q

    File Server Tower Case

    I'm looking for a good file server case that can hold at least 8 hdd with decent air cooling. Silent would also be a great plus. I'm planning on buying low energy HDD like the new samsung F4 2TB so I'm not sure if heat will be a huge issue. I was looking at the Antec twelve hundred and...
  11. Q

    Corsair VX450W or Seasonic M12D 750W

    Dzitzner, you're my hero :-) M12D it will be. Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion.
  12. Q

    Corsair VX450W or Seasonic M12D 750W

    It was the NCIX sale at 100$. You see, the Corsair VX450W is 80$ in canada before rebates. Still not sure If I can fit it confortably in the Fusion Remote case, pictures from anandtech shows a really tight space between the PSU and the optical drive. Edit: And the specs for the HTPC will be ...
  13. Q

    Corsair VX450W or Seasonic M12D 750W

    I'm building an HTPC with the mATX Antec Fusion Remote case and was set on the Corsair VX450W as my PSU, but just noticed that there's a seasonic M12D 750W on sale that would set me back only 20$ more (before rebates). What would you guys pick? 750W is clearly overkill but would their be any...
  14. Q

    Samsung 2TB in Raid

    Thanks for your replies. Tonyy - if you don't mind me asking, what Raid controller are you using? Have you activated the CCTL with SCTERC? Thanks.
  15. Q

    Samsung 2TB in Raid

    Anyone has any experience with Samsung 2TB in hardware RAID. I already have one and wouldn't mind buying 3 others and a hardware controller to put them in RAID 5. Are the the hitachi drives the only problem free drives in hw RAID or can you get away with a stable Samsung 2TB HD203WI array?
Back
Top