• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by PogueMahon

  1. P

    What software for a deserted island?

    Oblivion, Fallout 3, GTA-4, Art Rage 2, Google Sketch Up, Open Office, 10,000 sci-fi / fantasy books
  2. P

    Dust under droid x screen, ideas on removing it?

    you cant really get it done yourself, the dust gets in-between the touch screen and the bottom LCD screen. There is suppose to be a seal around it and sometimes it ruptures and the dry sealant gets sucked in-between the screens. Happened with my HTC sensation, I just sent it back to them...
  3. P

    Removeable Device Not Recognized

    Did you try some of these easy fixes I had with some portable usb devices... sorry if they seem to simple to work but they did for me. One thing you might try is to turn off the pc and actually unplug it for about 2-3 minutes then plug your pc back on. This sometimes resets your motherboard...
  4. P

    120mm fan round-up/benchmarks?

    SpiderWaffle Thx for that link it helped me make my decision
  5. P

    I cut the top of the heatpipes.. HSF doesn't work

    Hmm, I'm thinking I might have tried to heat them with a small torch and bang them down (hitting lightly) with a hammer to get them to be lower. That way the gas wouldn't have escaped. I didn't know about any wick inside thou that still might have been bent or crushed. but like you said it was...
  6. P

    Anybody else skipping the latest gen? NV5 and HD6 series?

    Yeah in he same boat here, feeling outdated with (2) GTX 285 Been wanting (3) of the GTX 580 classified hydro but can only find the regular 580 hydro ones. So besides the feeling of not getting the card I really wanted, plus the thought of a new model will be out next year, is really...
  7. P

    Cordless Mouse good for gaming?

    I also like the g700 is feels good in my hand, it seems to get me thru a good 5-6 hours wireless while gaming. Just enuf buttons to use (think 13 total) which is nuts to most people, but for gaming its fantastic. After using it for about 4 months, I actually ordered another one for when this...
  8. P

    Dual PSU and 1 switch

    Sweet thx Blue Fox, I did not know that they made such a thing. Also thx for the suggestion iconiK, but I think ill just get the pre-made one, all i have ot do is cut those 2 wires and make them about 1.5' longer and I should be good to go.
  9. P

    PSU Sleeving

    If it wasn't a modular one couldnt you just remove the sleeving before you send it back for repairs? It would be a waste but at least they would get a replacement/repaired one back. Also are you going to put this on your ebay page that if it does have a problem that this is something they...
  10. P

    2 PSU and one switch?

    I have in the past ran 2 PSU's on one PC before (blue lines in pic) but have had 2 switches one for each. One from the mobo and the other from a jump-started PSU. I was wondering if it would cause any harm to the PC or the PSU's if I connected both PSU's to one switch (red lines in pic)...
  11. P

    Pump placement advice

    Ha ha Stacker isn't big enough, that's what I had used, 2 stacker's side by side before this one you need to get a Mountainmods accession case then you'll have plenty of room.
  12. P

    MCP655 dieing syntoms?

    Why take chances if it is acting up, I would replace it as it is a major part of your pc's cooling system that cannot fail. I think for 80 bucks its worth the peace of mind. I also have 2 that has been running for over 6 years now both on setting 3, but their only on 12/6 not 24/7.
  13. P

    Which pump...

    I have also use the Swiftech MCP655 this is the one is with a controller think it has 5 notches (MCP655 is without a controller) I have used these pumps exclusively for about 8 years now. One word of warning thou, I would not use this pump if you plan on adding colored coolant...
  14. P

    Dual PSU and 1 switch

    In the past I have set up a PC with 2 separate switches, one for each PSU. (via jumpstarting) Just like the blue lines in this pic. please note these are not the correct locations for the wire to be attached to the PSU. I was wondering of I could go ahead and hook it up with just...
  15. P

    Just came across a fixer up Pc

    Sorry for the misunderstanding but, i mentioned that it could fit 2 mobo;s, (I was trying to describe the size of the case) one on one side and one could fit another on the back of that on the side where the HD's are. So, I could have (2) separate PC's on one, but that's something I wouldn't be...
Back
Top