• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Removeable Device Not Recognized

Jellyfishpudding

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
249
Whenever I connect my camera or phone to my computer, W7 gives that little audible notification that the device is connected. It had been a while since I connected my MS KIN phone to add music to its Zune software and now it's not recognized. The phone knows its connected but W7 doesn't. After multiple times trying, I finally got that audio notification on Sunday afternoon and deleted all the music from the phone with the intention of adding more. I didn't add music right away and ended up disconnecting the phone. Now I'm back to square one. I can charge my phone via USB and its software lights up whenever it's connected. W7 does nothing.

At this point, I've tried using the device manager to scan for new hardware and even refreshed each USB port. Nothing seems to work. I've even tried multiple ports and cables with no luck. So it's definitely an issue with W7. I just can't figure out what. Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!
FiSH
 
Did you try some of these easy fixes I had with some portable usb devices... sorry if they seem to simple to work but they did for me.

One thing you might try is to turn off the pc and actually unplug it for about 2-3 minutes then plug your pc back on.
This sometimes resets your motherboard usb hubs, give it a shot it could be something as simple as that.

Does it say unknown device in your device manager? If so just try and right click that and go uninstall then unplug the phone and reconnect it after a few minutes, it might just need to have the drivers re-installed.
 
It doesn't recognize it at all. I tried uninstalling the USB drivers too, then restarted and let W7 reinstall them. No luck. I'll try the powering off thing.
 
Back
Top