• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual PSU and 1 switch

PogueMahon

n00b
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
17
In the past I have set up a PC with 2 separate switches, one for each PSU. (via jumpstarting)

Just like the blue lines in this pic.

powerconnection.jpg

please note these are not the correct locations for the wire to be attached to the PSU.


I was wondering of I could go ahead and hook it up with just the red lines.

Basically just soldering on the 2 lead wires from the jump-started PSU to the same switch that the standard on/off wires from the mobo is connected to. So both will turn on the PSU together.

I am thinking this will not work, and should just drill another hold in the case and put a separate button for each PSU as I have done in the past. Any thoughts?
 
Bridge the green wire from the main PSU to the slave one (that's not connected to the motherboard). That way when the motherboard turns off it pulls the green wire low and both PSUs will turn on.
 
Sweet thx Blue Fox, I did not know that they made such a thing.

Also thx for the suggestion iconiK, but I think ill just get the pre-made one, all i have ot do is cut those 2 wires and make them about 1.5' longer and I should be good to go.
 
Hello

In my views bridge the green wire from the main PSU to the slave one (that's not connected to the motherboard). That way when the motherboard turns off it pulls the green wire low and both PSUs will turn on.

Dentist Marketing
 
Last edited:
Back
Top