Recent content by pjnix

  1. P

    Straight Talk Carriers

    Good advice! Anyone else have any input?
  2. P

    Straight Talk Carriers

    Hello, Quick question - do certain phones on Straight Talk utilize different carriers' towers? I had heard this mentioned the other day, but wanted to be sure. Does anyone know which phones align with which towers? I want to pick out a smart phone plan for my mother, and I'm recommending...
  3. P

    Going from scissor to mechanical.

    I have a SteelSeries 6Gv2 with Red Switches. I think it's a quality keyboard, and I really do enjoy the red switches. You can get them on Amazon for a very reasonable price (I think right around 73 USD at the moment). Ultimately, it really is personal as to which switches you prefer. And...
  4. P

    The Best Mice Thread (ongoing)

    I have a Sensei RAW with the 4HD mouse pad, myself. I'm really enjoying both together, and would gladly purchase them again. I'm not a serious gamer, so I can definitely see there being a demand for a more 'feature rich' mouse. But for someone who is a casual gamer that wants a quality device...
  5. P

    Question on Rooting Phone

    Really appreciate the help. Thanks again, guys.
  6. P

    Question on Rooting Phone

    Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help! I'm assuming that I'll have to re-sign into my Google account and everything after I unlock the bootloader, right? Also, I take it the Verizon set up of the phone is different than me signing into my Google account? Just want to be sure...
  7. P

    Question on Rooting Phone

    Hey guys, I've researched exactly what I need to do in order to root my phone, so I think I'm set. My question is what I need to do BEFORE I go through the process... I've recently purchased a Verizon Galaxy Nexus off of ebay. This will replace my current phone that I have registered to...
  8. P

    Four Weeks of Galaxy Give-Aways!

    I would like a new Galaxy video card, because I must SAVE the Galaxy - in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Without it, the Galaxy is doomed...
  9. P

    Dell U2412M

    10e, which page are your recommended settings on?
  10. P

    A few questions: Samsung S27A850D or Dell U2711

    I have heard the quality control on those models isn't the greatest on the Samsung model. I'm assuming the issues is the contrast shift?
  11. P

    A few questions: Samsung S27A850D or Dell U2711

    Would you recommend an AMD series card? I have actually been scoping out the 6970... Edit: I don't want to get too into video cards, as this is the Display sub-forum. But I was really looking to go with a larger monitor, as I currently have a 22 inch 1050p set-up. I was assuming going...
  12. P

    A few questions: Samsung S27A850D or Dell U2711

    I'm interested in hearing about these 2 monitors, as well, as I also have it narrowed down to these choices. And yes, I realize that there is aggressive AG coating on the Dell. I do not plan on doing a lot of office work on these, so white backgrounds shouldn't be too big of a factor.
  13. P

    Thinking about upgrading my gtx 275 oc. Questions....

    Oh ok, good deal! How much of a bottleneck would a Q6600 at 3.0Ghz be at 2560x1440? I would assume it wouldn't be too bad overall, but I'm sure it depends on the game... Would a 6970 be recommended over a 6950?
  14. P

    Thinking about upgrading my gtx 275 oc. Questions....

    This is good info, as I have nearly the same set-up! I'm currently rockin' a GTX 280, with the same cpu, but Vista 64 bit. So you're basically saying a 6950 is a ~40-50% performance increase?
  15. P

    Video card for SWTOR

    Good information!
Back
Top