Recent content by Philz

  1. P

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Just picked up two refurbs (I bought out there stock from the looks of it) on monday! Off hand, best two monitors I've ever had, neither screen has any issue whatsoever! Furthermore the lifespan on both was.... 4.5 & 2 hours (still had wrapping on panel)! I'm one extremely happy camper, just...
  2. P

    NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

    Just ordered two (seemingly they are out of stock on them again) right after their inventory check. Will report in a new thread how they are after calibrating with spectra view!
  3. P

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Get a spyder color calibrator, if not mistaken most can do multiple screens. I have an 3 elite that I've used to get my 3 LG236v's when I was using them to match each other. Notes: Calibrate your "main one" remember your brightness level. Then do the studio match and go threw them but use...
  4. P

    NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

    You bought the last one...! NEC refurb site is messed up but they where showing that it was probably only one that they had so you bought it! Bah! As a student needing it I'm screwed but enjoy! My fault for not pulling the trigger yesterday afternoon :mad: evil NEC :confused: Though they...
  5. P

    NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

    Cool keep me posted! I'm just debating to order one now, or two... Might just do one, then see your results! Whatever you do, if you do any productive work don't get 3 your neck will want to murder you :P
  6. P

    NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

    I was thinking that exact thing. Only thing with the refurbs are they pretty consistent? I think at that level of screen it'd better be (refurb or not) I do know NEC was amazing with my 20WMGX2 even though it had only one dead pixel, they swapped it out.... (well was dead is) Was thinking on...
  7. P

    NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

    How is the input lag on it? All I can find is the skewed older style measurements for it's older brother. To me thinking on picking up 2 of them... Just even though I mostly do design and video, I do play some games too :) Still say my most favorite LCD has been the NEC 20WMGX2 that I'm...
  8. P

    Designer/Gamer 3xEyefinity Setup

    Anything? Anyone?
  9. P

    Designer/Gamer 3xEyefinity Setup

    Hey! Thanks in advance! I need IPS for sure, and preferably one that is really really suited for design work. I don't do a lot of print but I do a lot of UI/UX, web, and other digital goodies. Only quibble is I do something play the occasional FPS or Civ5 or anything really. Though 90%...
  10. P

    What to replace an Icon, the NEC LCD20WGX2 with? With a sizable budget.

    Hmm the NEC 231 is sounding nice. Never seen that Planar, will look at that. I know the first responder (:P) said maybe the 27" iMac, and giving current predicament, I could upgrade to that... For same price as a dell 27". Anybody have any opinions on them? (I use mac OSX so lets not turn...
  11. P

    What to replace an Icon, the NEC LCD20WGX2 with? With a sizable budget.

    Well I'm looking for a replacement to my venerable NEC LCD20WGX2. I love the screen, just need more real-estate. (Though I've had it replaced by NEC for a barely used refurb, so it's running well and dandy if anyone wants one ;) ) My Budget Is: $600 sweet-spot of $450, and only $1K if I can...
  12. P

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    To anyone that cares, the .icm color profile refrenced in this thread, it needs to have the color set to sRGB. Though just setting your PC/MAC to sRGB and the monitor gives you near similar results (I think the profile just lowers the brightness and tweaks the contrast ever so slightly and...
  13. P

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    A bit out of place, but I actually Bought the monitor a year ago and have been loving it... Though at the expensive price... Not regretting it! But a few months ago, something seem to "appeared" I'd have to say it's behind the LCD layer as I can move my head side to side and it moves... So...
  14. P

    Not Getting my "wow" in Vista

    I re-did the raid this time when i put X64 on, 2 days and going a ok. Didn't zero the drives, take way to bloody long, figured somewere over 7 hours... Will checkdsk tonight... On the lack of info + R600 mostly. Not much that talk about Core 2 Quad compatible motherboards let alone a...
  15. P

    Not Getting my "wow" in Vista

    Rotten Luck. Or a Bad Motherboard Or a bad hard drive but the RAID 5 Failed last night on a reboot. Just after everything was nice and dandy! ARGH. Gonna run SeaTools and see what it tells me. I never had problems with he NVraid on my old PC been running strong for 2+ years with same setup...
Back
Top