Hey! Thanks in advance!
I need IPS for sure, and preferably one that is really really suited for design work. I don't do a lot of print but I do a lot of UI/UX, web, and other digital goodies.
Only quibble is I do something play the occasional FPS or Civ5 or anything really. Though 90% of my time will be working design... Also I use Wacom tablets, and you notice the input lag on those really easily.
I'm looking to get 3 monitors, as I'd be replacing the 27" iMac (mid-2010 w/SSD) for a custom. I need more pixel/screen space. 27" is amazing, not when your working in illustrator, photoshop (with multiple documents) and skype/browsers all at once...
Regardless the budget is ~$1000, preferably more towards $800.
Only have two idea's so far
I might be able to justify 2x NEC LCD2490WUXi2 if people can give me a solid reason two.
I also have a Spyder Elite 3... So I'm not just a crazy guy looking for IPS buzzwords, I know what I'm doing
Thoughts Suggestions?
Setup that I'll be building tomorrow:
I need IPS for sure, and preferably one that is really really suited for design work. I don't do a lot of print but I do a lot of UI/UX, web, and other digital goodies.
Only quibble is I do something play the occasional FPS or Civ5 or anything really. Though 90% of my time will be working design... Also I use Wacom tablets, and you notice the input lag on those really easily.
I'm looking to get 3 monitors, as I'd be replacing the 27" iMac (mid-2010 w/SSD) for a custom. I need more pixel/screen space. 27" is amazing, not when your working in illustrator, photoshop (with multiple documents) and skype/browsers all at once...
Regardless the budget is ~$1000, preferably more towards $800.
Only have two idea's so far
- Dell's U2311 (but I hear you have to crosship a bunch to get one with good QC)
- NEC EA232WMi (I like nec, had the 20wmgx2 amazing fast no lag monitor!)
I might be able to justify 2x NEC LCD2490WUXi2 if people can give me a solid reason two.
I also have a Spyder Elite 3... So I'm not just a crazy guy looking for IPS buzzwords, I know what I'm doing
Thoughts Suggestions?
Setup that I'll be building tomorrow:
- Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
- CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70
- ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155
- 2x GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
- CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB)
- OCZ Vertex 3 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC (SSD)
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200 RPM SATA III
- CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W
- Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T
Last edited: