NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

Philz

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
35
How is the input lag on it? All I can find is the skewed older style measurements for it's older brother.

To me thinking on picking up 2 of them... Just even though I mostly do design and video, I do play some games too :)

Still say my most favorite LCD has been the NEC 20WMGX2 that I'm still using, (just went back to it after a while with 32" tv's, and LG IPS236v's)

Thoughts?

Is 30 ms really that big of a deal? I just can't think of it being so...
 
It may be, if you're a serious FPS gamer ... I have the "older brother" (NEC LCD2490WUXi), and it's relatively high lag doesn't bother me too much, but then again, I'm strictly a casual gamer at this point (work keeping me too busy).

BTW, if you do go for the NEC LCD2490WUXi2, try here since the price they're offering it for is really really good :D
 
I was thinking that exact thing. Only thing with the refurbs are they pretty consistent? I think at that level of screen it'd better be (refurb or not) I do know NEC was amazing with my 20WMGX2 even though it had only one dead pixel, they swapped it out.... (well was dead is)

Was thinking on getting two of them...! I do have a spider 3 elite & access to spectra view :) That'd probably clear up any inconsistency?
 
I'll let you know! I have a refurbished 2490WUXi and it's perfect. I just snapped up a 2490WUXi2 from that site because it had an additional 25% off. With shipping and tax it came to $320 for a WUXI2 which is FANTASTIC. I am so excited. Two of them is going to be so amazing.
 
Cool keep me posted! I'm just debating to order one now, or two... Might just do one, then see your results!

Whatever you do, if you do any productive work don't get 3 your neck will want to murder you :p
 
I'll let you know! I have a refurbished 2490WUXi and it's perfect. I just snapped up a 2490WUXi2 from that site because it had an additional 25% off. With shipping and tax it came to $320 for a WUXI2 which is FANTASTIC. I am so excited. Two of them is going to be so amazing.

You bought the last one...! NEC refurb site is messed up but they where showing that it was probably only one that they had so you bought it!

Bah! As a student needing it I'm screwed but enjoy! My fault for not pulling the trigger yesterday afternoon :mad: evil NEC

:confused: Though they are confused why their site is down, should be back up today. Apparently they only ever get 1-2 of these a month.
 
Just ordered two (seemingly they are out of stock on them again) right after their inventory check.

Will report in a new thread how they are after calibrating with spectra view!
 
Back
Top