Recent content by Phillyt

  1. P

    Anyone know a good powered sub for a small room?

    Sadly, it is much more expensive. As soon as I get my job, going to get the regular 10" Dayton as it has a great price, comes recommended from many here, and looks good too! Thanks all for the help!
  2. P

    Anyone know a good powered sub for a small room?

    Well, when I finish college in two years and get a real job, I will get a nice system. I am 99% sure I am going to get the 10" Dayton! Thanks all for your help!
  3. P

    Anyone know a good powered sub for a small room?

    How do you know their sub is better than the Dayton's? I forgot that the Dayton's were designed by HSU so that should mean something. I really can't afford more than $100-$150 as I'm a student and need the money for other things but I'm willing to indulge a bit on a great sub.
  4. P

    Anyone know a good powered sub for a small room?

    Those look perfect. Would the 10" be too big for my bedroom you think?
  5. P

    Anyone know a good powered sub for a small room?

    I would like to pay between $100-$150 ideally. I might be willing to go a bit above that but cost is an issue. I will upgrade in a few years after graduation. I'm sure all those subs are amazing however they are all well above my budget :(.
  6. P

    Anyone know a good powered sub for a small room?

    I have the Audioengine A2 speakers. I do all my music listening, moving watching, and gaming in a small room that is about 11x11. I like the bass on the speakers but I want more. Does anyone know a good sub to match with these? I was looking at the two Dayton subs from Parts-Express...
  7. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    Ah. I'll get the speakers first. If I feel I need more bass, then I'll get the sub. I am 99% sure I have everything worked out. Now the last step is to just get the money for the purchase :).
  8. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    Going to plug output source (computer) into sub, then sub into speakers. I will control the volume of the system through my computer. My record player and 360 will be plugged in through the line in on my laptop. When I want to listen to headphones or swap records or 360, I will just swap...
  9. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    When I have the Dayton 8" Sub plugged into my Audioengine A2 speakers, what volume control will control the whole system? If I have my source output plugged into the sub then the output from the sub plugged into the speakers; will changing the volume of the speakers change the volume of the...
  10. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    I can afford the A2's and the Dayton. It is just not the most ideal solution for me because of the multiple sources I want to hook up. I might just go that route and just change wires when I want to change sources. Dealing with splitters and everything seems like such a huge headache whereas...
  11. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    Sadly, my desk isn't big enough for the Swan's, M40's, or A5's. I will probably get the Dayton 8" sub that a lot of people talk about if I need additional bass. It's just kind of frustrating because the speakers only have two inputs and if I plan to hook up a 360, I have no idea what to do...
  12. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    Do you want to go into more detail?
  13. P

    Question about the Audioengine A2 bass

    How are the bass in these things? I've heard mixed reports. I know they are pretty popular here. I plan on getting a pair soon. Is the bass good enough for games, movies, and loud music? I will be doing all my listening in my bedroom.
  14. P

    Dilemma with Audioengine A2

    I don't want a stereo receiver though. I really had my eyes set on the A2's and the Dayton. I appreciate the help however. Thank you.
  15. P

    Dilemma with Audioengine A2

    Hello all, I am looking to upgrade my current audio situation substantially. I wish to purchase a pair of Audioengine A2 speakers and if necessary, a Dayton Sub-80 8" Sub to go with them. However, the speakers will only have one input when I am done with the sub but I have four sources I...
Back
Top