Recent content by MuttonFlanks

  1. M

    Latest version drivers that work with coolbits?

    Heeeeey it worked!! Thanks a bunch! When I switch to the newer control panel I still get the same nTune error message, but using the old view I am able to overclock again. Thanks again :)
  2. M

    Latest version drivers that work with coolbits?

    Hey thanks for the replies. I installed 162.18 and it still doesn't work. 162.18 comes with the newer control panel so how did you get to keep the old one? I applied coolbits after install the drivers and whenever I click on overclocking I get the same popup saying "this is now a performance...
  3. M

    Latest version drivers that work with coolbits?

    I upgraded my drivers and now coolbits doesn't work. I guess I had the old nvidia control panel and now there is a new one. When I try to monitor temp levels it says that overclocking and temps are now a nTune feature. So I installed ntune and when I click on the overclocking tab nothing...
  4. M

    QuadGT kicking my ass... XP install help please

    OK so the QuadGT is great and everything, worked right out the box and booted up in one try. But I was having trouble getting it to work in AHCI mode for my SATA drives as it was always booting up in IDE mode, and if I changed BIOS to ACHI Windows would crash. So I thought it was because I...
  5. M

    150gb raptor really that loud ???

    I've got the 150GB RaptorX in my SilverStone TJ-07, and I'll say you can definitely hear it when it seeks. When it's not seeking there is absolutely no sound and you won't hear a thing. But I actually like how it sounds when it seeks. It does it in a bad ass kind of way, reminds me that I've...
  6. M

    My Build in Pictures: E6600, Tuniq, RaptorX, etc. (56K don't even try)

    Sorry about the big pics, fixed them with thumbnails now :) That Powertoy is great, didn't know about it... thanks. I can't figure out how to get Imageshack to give me all the direct links to the images so I have to use thumbnails (which I don't really like). Edit: Alright I figured it out...
  7. M

    My first ever OC :)

    Wow... hope I never fry stuff like you... that would suck. Thanks for the tip about the screw, I'll look into it. Tried to set my RAMs to 3-3-3-12 at 2.20v but POST failed. Ah well, back to the drawing boards :)
  8. M

    Help with RivaTuner

    I think I'm gonna give up on RivaTuner and just use coolbits. The fan settings not working in Riva bother me.
  9. M

    What kind of temps for video cards?

    I just built this computer a few days ago so dust isn't the problem. This card just has to last me till some better DX10 cards come out so I can upgrade. It hasn't touched 80 degrees yet so I think I'm ok. I've got it clocked at 630/1550 right now.
  10. M

    What kind of temps for video cards?

    What kind of temps are acceptable for a video card? My overclocked XFX 7900GS idles at around 58 and around 78 during load. Is this range still safe? Thanks.
  11. M

    Help with RivaTuner

    Thanks for the tip on the monitoring. Wow 44/52 temps? Is something wrong with my card? We are talking about the same XFX 7900GS Extreme edition right? I played CS:S for a while and my temps are in the mid 70s. The core/memory were correct at 580/680. It is idling at about 58 degrees :(...
  12. M

    My first ever OC :)

    Damn didn't know that was a common problem. I'll try to have a shop make me another screw I guess. Would suck to have it come crashing down on the gfx card... also thinking of maybe waiting for that TR Ultra 120 Extreme cooler. I tried 400 FSB last night just for the hell of it and it...
  13. M

    Problem with oc my e6600

    I hope you don't try 1300 FSB... lol. Pretty sure that was a typo and he meant 300 FSB.
  14. M

    Help with RivaTuner

    Well I successfully overclocked with RivaTuner my 7900GS Extreme to 620/720, so I lowered it down to 580/680 for everyday use. But when I check the numbers in Everest they are all over the place. It will say 500MHz one time then 600MHz another time. Is there a way to check what my core and...
Back
Top