Help with RivaTuner

Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
59
Well I successfully overclocked with RivaTuner my 7900GS Extreme to 620/720, so I lowered it down to 580/680 for everyday use. But when I check the numbers in Everest they are all over the place. It will say 500MHz one time then 600MHz another time. Is there a way to check what my core and memory clocks are at accurately?
 
rivatuner has a built in monitoring tool. You can write the log to a file, play games and then go back and check it. From what it seems online a bunch of people are running higher than the freq you posted and are fine. I have it at stock for the 2d stuff and then 615/790. I idle at 44 and max at 52 after a while. What temps are you getting?


Monitoring is under Traget Adapter - Customize - 2nd to last icon.
 
Thanks for the tip on the monitoring.

Wow 44/52 temps? Is something wrong with my card? We are talking about the same XFX 7900GS Extreme edition right? I played CS:S for a while and my temps are in the mid 70s. The core/memory were correct at 580/680. It is idling at about 58 degrees :( Are you guys using the stock cooler?
 
I am using the EVGA 7900gs KO which has the copper stock cooler. Without my side panel on my temps are actually 48 idle, 54 load. Reason being that my side panel has a 120mm fan that blows straight onto the graphics card.
 
I think I'm gonna give up on RivaTuner and just use coolbits. The fan settings not working in Riva bother me.
 
Back
Top