• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by MrReplay

  1. M

    Advice: advising company of a badly configured network

    I work part-time for a major retailer for the time being while I complete my degree in computing. Last night I took my tablet & noticed that their public wi-fi is really badly configured (imo). While on the local public wi-fi I connected to the WAN IP which took me to a Zyxel 660 router (lol)...
  2. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    So I realised I didn't have one of the cables to the board connected - it now boots fine so I'm guessing the H80 died... Thanks for all the help here, this forum is great :D
  3. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    So I got an Intel fan in the post today (labelled i5-2320 LGA1155) I took the H80 off the board, along with the 2 Noctua F12's that were mounted on either side of the radiator. I attached the Intel fan connected to the header labelled CPU_fan; now when I try & boot it starts for a second or 2...
  4. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    I've ordered an Intel stock cooler on eBay to test - thanks for all the help :)
  5. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    Yes its definitely connected to a molex connector...
  6. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    So the two radiator fans are connected to the heat sink, the cable from that is connected to the CPU fan header
  7. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    The radiator fans are spinning..
  8. M

    CPU fan error / overtemp error

    I am getting an error on the BIOS screen saying CPU fan error, press f1 for set up. I noticed in the set up that the fan speed shows 'n/a'. I tried rebooting and got the same error as well as an overtemp error. I took the fan off an reseated it but it didn't help.. Note the fan looks like its...
  9. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    A bit of Googling shows people with similar problems; writing a support ticket to OCZ now Thanks for all your help drescherjm :cool:
  10. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    Do you have any idea how it got locked?
  11. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo hdparm -I /dev/sdb /dev/sdb: ATA device, with non-removable media Model Number: OCZ-VERTEX450 Serial Number: OCZ-57V17A23R739NJ86 Firmware Revision: 1.0 Transport: Serial, ATA8-AST, SATA 1.0a, SATA II...
  12. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    Is there anything else I could try here?
  13. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    I'm booting from a live CD..
  14. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ ls -al /dev/sd? brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 0 Feb 20 20:49 /dev/sda brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 16 Feb 20 20:49 /dev/sdb brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 64 Feb 20 20:49 /dev/sde I don't get an output for dmesg | grep Attached
  15. M

    Vertex 450 (128GB) - Disk I/O error

    Here's the output: sda is a 2TB data disk sde is a 160GB disk I've used to reinstall Win7 on the SSD isn't showing?
Back
Top