Recent content by MrEd

  1. M

    Processor affinity in Vista

    and yes, I'm logged in as admin :)
  2. M

    Processor affinity in Vista

    Ok, I think I've got my favorite game ( everquest ) at the edge of working in Vista, the thing that's kicking my #&$ at the moment I believe is the same old issue of running it on a dual core processor. In XP it was an easy fix, just needed to set affinity to one core and bingo everything...
  3. M

    Can dual boot be done this way ?

    Ahh....that makes sense. So i've never had a dual boot system or seen / used one, but i've read that when loading up there's a screen that asks you which OS you want to boot from, that must be when both OS's are on the same drive then right ?
  4. M

    Can dual boot be done this way ?

    So this is a newb question I'll admit and forgive my ignorance, but I'm wanting to know if I can install Vista creating a dual boot system in this manner. I have two raptors in raid 0 currently with XP installed, I'm wanting to install two more raptors in a raid 0 config and install Vista on...
  5. M

    120mm LED Fans for TJ09

    I bought these for my TJ09 and love them, lot's of air but not very loud at all :)
  6. M

    Crap, don't know what caused it, don't know how to find it, am I hosed ? any advice ?

    I found it, it was a member called Tuskenraider in this post. What a lifesaver ! Thanks for looking though herbs97, I almost couldn't find where it was.
  7. M

    So, help a noob out with raid-0

    I had to revive this temporarily to tell Tuskenraider publicly, friend, soon after you posted this I went out and bought a copy, today it just saved my ass is such a big way I can't even explain it. All my pictures, music, video files, word documents, e-mails, and the list goes on, a ton more...
  8. M

    Crap, don't know what caused it, don't know how to find it, am I hosed ? any advice ?

    Wow.......I got to say it again........WOW.........Acronis True Image just saved my ass. I am so impressed I'm without words. If I was a rich man I'd buy everyone of you out there a copy of it. I tried everything I could possibly think of to fix this and things just kept getting worse. I...
  9. M

    Crap, don't know what caused it, don't know how to find it, am I hosed ? any advice ?

    Well don't this just suck dammit. I got my APC UPS today and set it up, it came with powerchute software for monitoring it which I've never used before. So as I said, set everything up and fired the comp up everything went just fine. Put the disk in and there's 3 items in the software you can...
  10. M

    Memory first or leave it alone ?

    Thats what I was looking for, thanks a bunch. I kinda had a feeling that's what I should do but I really wanted some confirmation from someone who knew rather than just my own gut feeling based on a guess.
  11. M

    Memory first or leave it alone ?

    Umm, anyone ? at this rate the other 4 or 5 questions I have are going to take a week or two to get out of you guys lmao :D
  12. M

    Memory first or leave it alone ?

    Ok, here come the questions :D So I've got a bunch of guides about overclocking that I've printed, reading only goes so far though then it's time to get your feet wet. I've studied my bios a lot and pretty much know where everything's at, but that certainly doesn't mean I know what the heck...
  13. M

    would this work for audio ?

    Hmm, there's a thought. Now that I know I can hook an audio signal into that speaker jack, I'm going to have to take a look at which would be the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to do in that room. I really like the idea of having the TV audio go thru the soundcard then the speakers...
  14. M

    would this work for audio ?

    Sweet, thanks Audioguy !
  15. M

    would this work for audio ?

    Pardon me while I display why that title is next to my username k :D I have a pair of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers, there these if you wanted to take a peak. On one of the sattelites there's a connection for headphones and an mp3 player, it's the mp3 player one I have a question about...
Back
Top