Recent content by modernfuturist

  1. M

    Diablo III / Mass Effect Trilogy Gaming Rig

    I'm guessing since no OC, no need for after market cooler?
  2. M

    Diablo III / Mass Effect Trilogy Gaming Rig

    Need some help building a computer that would play DIII, Mass Effect and Starcraft II. I generally have a good idea about what items to get but mainly need help putting together the best value mobo/CPU/GPU for my needs. 1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing...
  3. M

    Verizon Axing Unlimited Data Plans

    My 2 year contract is just about up, and now Verizon pulls this nonsense. Time to switch to a new carrier... will be following this thread closely to see what others choose.
  4. M

    Diablo III is getting killed on Metacritic

    Hmm I might wait a few more weeks before purchasing Diablo III, after hearing about all of these server issues.
  5. M

    Abit IP-35E, Consant Reboot Issue

    Yeah, I've tried each dimm seperately and in all possible slot configurations.
  6. M

    Abit IP-35E, Consant Reboot Issue

    Yeah, I cleared the CMOS and removed the tiny little battery for like 15 mins as well. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm not sure which item I should RMA or re-purchase. I'm pretty convinced it's the PSU at this point, as the ram should be able to POST and allow me to get into the...
  7. M

    Abit IP-35E, Consant Reboot Issue

    Yessir. I'm beginning to think that this is a faulty PSU, or I don't have enough juice (500 watts)
  8. M

    Abit IP-35E, Consant Reboot Issue

    I don't think my problem is quite the same as the double boot problem. I can't even get my system to post.
  9. M

    Abit IP-35E, Consant Reboot Issue

    I posted in General Hardware a few days ago about a few problems I had getting my build up and running but I've encountered a more specific problem lately, and I'm beginning to think it's tied to my motherboard. Before we begin, specs as follows: Intel E2180 w/ Stock HSF 2x1gb of Corsair XMS2...
  10. M

    First Time Build, Few Problems

    Molex pin doesn't seem to make a difference plugged in or not. Did a barebones POST, with one stick of ram, and the same thing happened. PSU sounds like it is turning on, then turns off, and then turns back on, and will continue to repeat. Will borrow another video card and maybe some RAM from...
  11. M

    First Time Build, Few Problems

    The 8Pin ATX12V1 is plugged in as well now, but now it sounds like the CPU is turning itself on and off continuously in a cycle. After reading the manual I also have a 4pin you were talking about, to power the PCI Express. However after connecting the 4 pin as well, I have the same result.
  12. M

    First Time Build, Few Problems

    Still no luck getting it to display on my monitor, and the CPU HSF fan is still not spinning...
  13. M

    First Time Build, Few Problems

    Oh god... just looked at that right now. Thanks for the help though and I should have just RTFM. Well theres a lesson learned.
  14. M

    First Time Build, Few Problems

    No beeps, but there is one red light, and a green light on the mobo. Not sure what this mean, as the manual doesn't indicate much about this either.
  15. M

    First Time Build, Few Problems

    I plugged the P6 Connector (from the PSU) directly into the 8600GTS' input, and I still don't get anything from my monitor... The fan on my GTS appears to be spinning so I'm assuming that there is sufficient power and that is on, but now I'm having trouble getting it to display on my monitor...
Back
Top