• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by mike0219116

  1. M

    Replacement for an 8800 Ultra?

    My 8800 Ultra finally giave up the ghost last night. What current nVidia card would be the rough equivalent the 8800 Ultra? Thanks.
  2. M

    FX-60 at Newegg yesterday = $459, today = $833

    Yeah, it's back down again. Newegg pricing appears to have all of the stability of a third-world stock market.
  3. M

    FX-60 at Newegg yesterday = $459, today = $833

    What the hell changed between yesterday and today? Did they discover that the FX-60 counteracts the effects of aging or something? It's $458 at ZZF.
  4. M

    Replacement AGP card for a Win 98 gaming rig?

    I haven't really set a $$$ limit. I used to have a 6800 Ultra that I eBayed. I've always regretted doing that.
  5. M

    Replacement AGP card for a Win 98 gaming rig?

    I have a 2.4GHz P4 rig that runs Windows 98 so I can play older games. The ti4800 that's in it is on its last legs. Probably the most graphically intense games I'll be playing on this maching are Half-Life and Quake. Would just about any AGP card from Newegg do the job, or should I pick up a...
  6. M

    Proudest gaming achievements

    I cut my RPG teeth on the BT series on my C64 back in the day. I know exactly what you're talking about. A good friend of mine and I worked through those games together. Good times.
  7. M

    Single to Dual Core - Format?

    I'm a big fan of formatting/reinstalling after any major hardware change. XP is pretty good at dealing with new hardware configurations, but it's still Microsoft we're talking about here.
  8. M

    FX-60 or X2 4800?

    You're quite welcome. :)
  9. M

    FX-60 or X2 4800?

    Dad, is that you?
  10. M

    Z-5500 Control Pod Question

    Thanks for the replies. I'll probably RMA the pod.
  11. M

    Z-5500 Control Pod Question

    I've noticed that with the power button the Z-5500 control pod, I usually have to hold the button in for a few seconds to turn the power on or off. On my Z-680 control pod, pressing the power button turns the pod on/off almost instantly. Is my 5500 pod screwed-up or is this normal behavior?
  12. M

    CNET Conducts AMD vs Intel Dual Core CPUs

    Damn...that, my friends, is a good old-fashioned beat-down!
  13. M

    4400+ vs 4800+

    Yes, but it didn't help.
  14. M

    4400+ vs 4800+

    My 4400+ gets barely to 2.4GHz, and that's it. Extra voltage doesn't help. Although odds are that a 4400+ will hit 4800+ speeds, there is always the chance that one could loose the "overclocking lottery" and get a dud.
Back
Top