Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
A quick question for someone with knowledge of the windows registry:
Is it possible to relocate installation folders from one location to another on the same drive without causing registry issues in windows 7 x64? I currently have all of my games installed on my HDD separate from the C drive...
So I finally got my ASUS Z87-PRO yesterday and started to build my new Haswell PC. A friend of mine with a good deal of experience came to help out, and we tried an external build and kept receiving memory errors. After swapping RAM out we found out that my second memory slot was the problem...
Thanks for the input; the MSI card looked like the winner to me anyhow with the price difference being so small and the better overclocking tools. It seems as though the cooling is better after digging through some more reivews, and great customer service is always a plus.
I'm extremely close to pulling the trigger on a new build, and the last thing I need to decide on is which manufacturer to go with for my GPU. I'm currently looking at the Sapphire 7950 HD Vapor-X on sale for $305, and the slightly more expensive MSI 7950 HD Twin Frozr 3 at $320. It seems like...
Crossfire is a couple months down the road sort of thing, but its good to know. And out of curiosity, how's that Sapphire 7950 working out for you? The Sapphire card I'm looking at is priced as low as $279-$300, along with Gigabyte. ASUS and MSI seem significantly more expensive ($40-$60), but I...
I was looking more at the $200ish range for monitors, but it could be worth investing if you think the 7950 can handle the massive resolution. Right now I have a pretty bad 1080p monitor, and I'm looking to run multidisplay with another that's more suited for gaming.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Play current and upcoming games at 1080p, 60 fps, photo editing, video rendering.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000-$1500, all included (monitor and OS required)
3) Which country do you...
Hello hardforum! After years of dealing with subpar systems and budget gaming, I've finally found the time and money to build a decent system myself. Consider my knowledge of most recent hardware (say the past 3 years) fairly limited. I'd like to plan a gaming build a few months from now and I'm...