Recent content by Manimal29

  1. M

    Linux firewall

    I want it to act as a workstation AND as my network firewall.
  2. M

    Linux firewall

    What I mean by "node" is I want the machine to serve a dual function. I want it to be my linux workstation AND be my network firewall.
  3. M

    Linux firewall

    I am hoping that someone can answer a question for me. I would like to know if it is possible to use a linux machine to both act as node on the network AND pull double duty as a firewall appliance for the ENTIRE network? If so, please provide me with the specifics to accomplish this request. Any...
  4. M

    Linux firewall

    I am hoping that someone can answer a question for me. I would like to know if it is possible to use a linux machine to both act as node on the network AND pull double duty as a firewall appliance for the ENTIRE network? If so, please provide me with the specifics to accomplish this request. Any...
  5. M

    This is a "no brainer" for most of you, but...

    I need a detailed description of how to setup remote login to my Linux machine from my Windows XP Pro machine. I am running CentOS 5 64 bit on a AMD platform. I would like to be able to remote login to the linux box and have my full linux desktop. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If this...
  6. M

    Display blinking to black on HD3850

    Anybody?!
  7. M

    Display blinking to black on HD3850

    The particulars: Intel E8400 processor Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard with F10 bios Two 1GB sticks of Corsair XMS2 PC6400 DDR2 ram Windows XP Pro w/SP2 Visiontek HD3850 256MB video card No overclocking whatsover! Without rhyme or reason, the display will occasionally "blink" to black...
  8. M

    Help with a new build!

    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel ridiculous saying this now after all of the help, but when I originally composed this post, I put down the wrong Model # for my board! The CORRECT Model is the GA-P35-DS3R, NOT the GA-EP35-DS3R. Does anyone have anymore ideas?!
  9. M

    No video on a upgrade build!

    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel ridiculous saying this now after all of the help, but when I originally composed this post, I put down the wrong Model # for my board! The CORRECT Model is the GA-P35-DS3R, NOT the GA-EP35-DS3R. Does anyone have anymore ideas?!
  10. M

    New build issues!

    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel ridiculous saying this now after all of the help, but when I originally composed this post, I put down the wrong Model # for my board! The CORRECT Model is the GA-P35-DS3R, NOT the GA-EP35-DS3R. Does anyone have anymore ideas?!
  11. M

    New build issues!

    I'm still having issues. I tried one stick of ram at a time and still no video. Does anyone have any other ideas? I've made sure that everything is properly seated as well.
  12. M

    No video on a upgrade build!

    Unfortunately, I do not have another CPU to try and boot with.
  13. M

    Help with a new build!

    I have reseated everything except for the CPU. Is there any other way, short of removing everything, to determine if the motherboard is grounding out on the case?
  14. M

    New build issues!

    It is a six pin connector, and yes, it is connected and has been on each card I've tried. I'm not understanding what you mean by using a screwdriver to connect the two power pins. Can you explain it in more detail for me? Thanks!
  15. M

    No video on a upgrade build!

    First off, the hardware: GA-EP35C-DS3R 775 ATX Motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz Processor OCZ Platinum XTC Series 2GB PC-6400 DDR2 Revision 2 ram Visiontek Radeon HD 3850 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card Corsair HX Series 620 Watt ATX 12V Modular Power Supply The bottom line is I...
Back
Top