• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by lumpy

  1. L

    Dell 2005FPW and DVI interference?

    Wierd, so the 60hz it gets set to automatically has the problem but the 60.009hz you can force it to in the app fixes it? Very odd, I assume this dispproves the crappy cable argument then?
  2. L

    Dell 2005FPW and DVI interference?

    Yeah tried re-calibrating it and thats not helped, definately looks like some sort of interference which is why I was thinking of trying a better lead. I was hoping one of the posters from the original posts would have solved the issue and could point me in the right direction. Obviously I'd...
  3. L

    Dell 2005FPW and DVI interference?

    Hi All! I finally got my replacement 2005 sorted from Dell and am pleased to announce that it has no dead pixels (first one had a single red pixel smack in the middle of the screen) and the backlight bleeding is negligible so I'm happy to keep this one. One issue I had though concerns what...
  4. L

    2005WFP S-Video problem

    I tried the s-video out from my laptop and as UnknownSouljer suggested it worked fine so maybe this monitor does have problems with s-video from non-digital sources. The way its setup at the moment is through a scart connector that has an s-video connection on it. As the monitor doesnt seem...
  5. L

    2005WFP S-Video problem

    Ah interesting, I think I have an s-video cable for my ps2 somewhere so I might try that to see if I get the same results. Either way I guess if the replacement comes and its still doesnt work then I'm not going to be able to use it anyway :-(
  6. L

    2005WFP S-Video problem

    Well I called Dell to get a replacement yesterday evening and all I can say is that is the last time I will ever buy something from Dell again. I got transferred a grand total of five times before I finally spoke to an engineer who could issue me a replacement. They seemed completely unable...
  7. L

    2005WFP S-Video problem

    Hi All, first post on this board but ive been reading a fair bit on here lately, primarily all the posts on the Dell 20" widescreen. I finally decided to get one as they were selling at about £330 which seemed a pretty good deal. I was aware of the backlight problems and to be honest wasnt...
Back
Top