• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2005FPW and DVI interference?

lumpy

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
7
Hi All!

I finally got my replacement 2005 sorted from Dell and am pleased to announce that it has no dead pixels (first one had a single red pixel smack in the middle of the screen) and the backlight bleeding is negligible so I'm happy to keep this one.

One issue I had though concerns what appears to be slight interference on the very left hand side of the screen when using the DVI connection. I found a couple of other threads on this same issue where people were trying different refresh rates etc but no actual fix. It goes away if you use the D-SUB connection but the overall picture quality on this monitor seems noticably worse so I'd rather use the DVI if possible. Someone mentioned they thought it might be the quality of the cable so I might get another to try.

Did anyone else find a fix for this issue?
 
it sounds like what was going on when i first got my 2405. I had two computers hooked up to it, one via VGA, the other DVI. When i would switch between the two it would "recalibrate" or what ever to make the picture look better. And it would for the one i was on, btu when i switched back to the other one it would have what you were describing.

Try pluging in the DVI cable, turn the monitor off, and the computer off, turn the computer on, then the monitor on, and try to switch from VGA (make sure nothing is plug into it) and back to DVI and it sould auto calibrate its self. If not i think there is a setting in the onscreen control thingy.
 
Yeah tried re-calibrating it and thats not helped, definately looks like some sort of interference which is why I was thinking of trying a better lead.

I was hoping one of the posters from the original posts would have solved the issue and could point me in the right direction. Obviously I'd rather not pay out for a better DVI lead id its not going to solve the problem.
 
Wierd, so the 60hz it gets set to automatically has the problem but the 60.009hz you can force it to in the app fixes it? Very odd, I assume this dispproves the crappy cable argument then?
 
lumpy said:
Wierd, so the 60hz it gets set to automatically has the problem but the 60.009hz you can force it to in the app fixes it? Very odd, I assume this dispproves the crappy cable argument then?

yup. It's not the cable. :)
 
Back
Top