Recent content by lastcraft

  1. L

    $600 Build for Office Use

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc I need to build a few office computers. They will be used for simple tasks like web browsing, email, and Microsoft Office. 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? I can pay about $600 per computer...
  2. L

    120hz KVM switch

    Bump.
  3. L

    120hz KVM switch

    Bump.
  4. L

    120hz KVM switch

    Are there any KVM switches that support 120hz refresh rates? I might get one of the new 120hz LCDs in the future and I don't want to buy a KVM that won't support it.
  5. L

    no-nonsense keyboard with normal F-buttons?

    I like Apple's keyboard. It has no extra buttons, a nice feel to the keys, and a beautiful design.
  6. L

    Q6600 won't OC past 3GHz?

    The machine has reported 1.45ish VCore and still failed to run at 335MHz FSB. The VCore is probably low in CPU-Z because the system was idle at the time. Notice the 6x multiplier as well — I believe both are SpeedStep's doing. I will be away from my computer for about a week, but I'm anxious...
  7. L

    Q6600 won't OC past 3GHz?

    Makes sense, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Should I increase the memory voltage? How do I loosen and tighten timings?
  8. L

    Q6600 won't OC past 3GHz?

    Assuming you meant 3.6GHz, do you have any suggestions to get up to at least 3.2-3.4GHz? It's strange that it will run perfectly stable at 3.0GHz with everything else stock, yet going to 3.2GHz and increasing the VCore results in blue screens.
  9. L

    Q6600 won't OC past 3GHz?

    The RAM is 2x2GB G.SKILL DDR2-800; I've read that it's fine for overclocking up to 3.6GHz. The recommended voltage is 1.8-1.9V, but the mobo defaults at 1.925V. I know little about memory timings. Could you explain loosening and tightening?
  10. L

    Q6600 won't OC past 3GHz?

    Here's a screenshot of CPU-Z and Core Temp. I have it OCed to 3GHz quite easily — it runs stable with all other settings stock. Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2-800 RAM. No, I haven't. How much is overdoing it? I think so; the temperatures seem fine. Yes, but...
  11. L

    Q6600 won't OC past 3GHz?

    I'm using a good setup, but I can't get higher than 3.0GHz stable on a G0 Q6600. It doesn't matter what voltage I throw at it. Anyone know why? Mobo: DFI LanParty DK P35-T2RS CPU: Intel Q6600 Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S1283
  12. L

    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 won't fit in DFI LanParty DK?

    I tried to install my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 on my DFI LanParty DK mobo, but it doesn't fit! The mobo's northbridge heatsink is too tall and the bottom of the heat sink bumps against it. Anyone know what to do?
  13. L

    $1000 Gaming Build

    Thanks for the input. 500GB would be redundant for me but an additional 70GB for $5 is a good deal. The IDE drive was just the first thing that came up on NewEgg. Here is a slightly revised version: CPU: Q6600 - $180 GPU: EVGA 8800GTS - $240 ($30 rebate) Mobo: DFI LanParty P35 Dark - $140...
  14. L

    $1000 Gaming Build

    I'm buying a new gaming PC because my MacBook Pro's Radeon X1600 just isn't cutting it anymore. This machine is for gaming only. I mostly play TF2 right now, but I'm interested in playing CoD4, Starcraft 2, and other games in the future. I want something that will last me at least a couple...
Back
Top