Recent content by KrisK91

  1. K

    Connecting routers

    Why would I not be able to have DHCP enabled on all my devices? And just have the Xfinity gateway to assign IP address from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.99 and the Linksys router to assign IP addresses from 10.0.0.100 to 10.0.0.199 and the TP Link to assign IP addresses from 10.0.0.200 to 10.0.0.249...
  2. K

    Connecting routers

    I'm not looking to put more money into stuff I already have. I don't really like having to rent a modem from Xfinity. But I don't seem to have issues with the XB7 and seems to work fine as a gateway. I just would like to be able to connect both the Linksys EA 7500 and the TP Link C7 into the XB7...
  3. K

    Connecting routers

    Alright, question? I have the Xfinity XB7 connected as a gateway with no configurations done to it. I then have my Linksys EA7500 connected to the XB7 with an ethernet cord and configured to run as an Access Point. I would really like to be able to see which devices are actually connected...
  4. K

    Neighbors

    Alright, question? With the same devices as stated above. I have the Xfinity XB7 connected as a gateway with no configurations done to it. I then have my Linksys EA7500 connected to the XB7 with an ethernet cord and configured to run as an Access Point. I would really like to be able to see...
  5. K

    Neighbors

    Yes.
  6. K

    Neighbors

    Yeah its a town house. 3 apartments side by side. I'm on the end unit and they are in the middle. Would the mesh system work? I just know the wall between us seems to drop the wifi signal pretty significantly with normal routers. I know the mesh systems can be pretty expensive. And not really...
  7. K

    Neighbors

    Yeah I am not seeing an ethernet tab so I guess I can't do that with the XB7 Gateway.
  8. K

    Neighbors

    This is what how I currently have it set up. Please explain how to properly set this up so the linksys can be seen with the Xfinity modem. And the TP-link being it's own private network. Thank you.
  9. K

    Neighbors

    My Linksys supports VLANs. How do I use it and what is a VLAN? I am not sure if the Xfinity gateway or the TP-Link supports it but the Linksys definitely does support VLAN.
  10. K

    Neighbors

    I am looking for this. Where would I find it in the Xfinity gateway settings?
  11. K

    Neighbors

    The Xfinity gateway is 10.0.0.1 and the Linksys is on 10.0.1.1 and the TP-Link is on 10.0.2.1 so even with them all having DHCP enabled would be a bad thing? I have certain things that only connect to the Linksys and all seem to connect just fine without having IP address conflicts. I also have...
  12. K

    Neighbors

    How would I put the port in bridge mode?
  13. K

    Neighbors

    Thank you for replying! Yes the XB7 is a modem/router/wifi device. Now I have a few additional questions. 1. Why wouldn't I be able to use the routers as "routers" anymore and would only be able to use them as access points? 2. What exactly is the difference? 3. I currently have the two...
  14. K

    Neighbors

    Hello I am looking to get internet to my neighbors house. I live in a triplex and I live on the end house and they live in the middle house. I am trying to figure out the best and easiest way to get internet to their home. I was using a router as an extender but that only worked so much and...
Back
Top