Recent content by KamuiRSX

  1. K

    Galaxy 5th Week of Christmas Give-Aways!

    Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix FEAR
  2. K

    [Koolertek] Another 5% Coupon And More Fans For Sale

    NP :D Glad I could be of help. I hope he takes it off for you.
  3. K

    [Koolertek] Another 5% Coupon And More Fans For Sale

    Koolertek has released another 5% off coupon code "XSPC5OFF" No expiration date as of yet but I'd guess it would be over Saturday Morning so have your orders in before midnight Friday night this week. Now some great fans on sale are the Scythe S-Flex series using Sony's Fluid Bearings. These...
  4. K

    Just Cause 2 HardOCP NVIDIA Giveaway

    I'd like to win a copy because I played the first Just Cause and everyone says the 2nd is better than the first and I'd like to give it a try. If it's as time consuming to get 100% completion as the first one, I'll be occupied for awhile :D
  5. K

    Single slot dedicated PhysX card for use with ATI 5970

    The GT240 is a completely different GPU than the 8800GT/9800GT. Also, your best bet would be either an 8800GT or 9800GT. Anything more than that is a waste of money. Unless you can find a used really good deal on a 9800GTX+ / GTS 250.
  6. K

    My RMA shenanagins (& dont you go saying 'That's what you get' :P

    Honestly, you should call them up again and ask for a supervisor and tell him the hierarchy of video cards. The 8800GTS 512MB is better than the 8800GT. The 9800GT is a rebranded 8800GT. The only equivalent or better for an 8800GTS 512MB would be either a 9800GTX+ or GTS 250 which are the exact...
  7. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    Damn not stable :( Reboot after about 30 minutes of Prime95 and 6 minutes of OCCT. So, time to play boost the voltage. Okay voltage in BIOS now at 1.55 vCore with 1.225 CPU-NB volts and auto on everything else. So far seems to have given some measure of stability. Running stress test now...
  8. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    Okay finally got home to try for 3.6Ghz. So far I'm up and running at 258 x 14 with idle temp lowest at 12c but hovering around 14c. Getting ready to fire up OCCT for a bit. Will post Validation if stable. If this is stable, it might be the highest stable I can get on stock volts. The reason the...
  9. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    Not talking internal temperature but ambient temperature. This testing center is called the EPRI Solutions Inc. A bud of mine works there so he let me come in while they were testing it. I can look up the internal temp of the PSU if you want but I only recorded down the ambient temperature...
  10. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    Eh...not really a fan of jonnyguru reviews...for some odd reason, his reviews seem to say things are bad when they aren't. One of my old rig's PSU, according to that site wouldn't even take over 400w and he had 3 versions from the manufacturer to prove or something and sure enough, it did 600w...
  11. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    Okay what reviews is everyone here referring. Here's some of the ones i've looked at http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/cases/OCZ_GameXStream_700W_7.html http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/OCZ/GameXStream700W/5.html http://techgage.com/article/ocz_gamexstream_700w/3...
  12. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    The check last night was just straight from BIOS as I won't have an optical drive until Thursday to put inside it. However, I'm taking the PSU to a friend of mine who works at a PSU testing institute to have him take it up to 700w to check the ripple tomorrow. Also, these PSU's, at least in...
  13. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    hehe well those were just what I saw around the house.
  14. K

    Athlon II X4 Build Named Kamtastic II *56K Warning*

    Yeah I know but it will only be pushing 450w max on load for a 700w PSU which doesn't even make it ripple slightly :D Voltage check last night gives consistent 12v, 5v, and 3.29v for the 3.3v so it's doing pretty good :D Also, I only spent $15 on it brand new :D. I've got a Thermaltake...
Back
Top