Recent content by july007a

  1. J

    HTPC or PS3?

    i agree htpc would kick the shit out of PS3. but 1500? I dont know what kind of HTPC you are talking about about my HTPC is about 500-600. and I can play any content I want.
  2. J

    NEC 23" IPS EA231WMi

    i just got my last night. no dead pixel at all. I had to update my nvidia driver to the latest one. I love this monitor. I am still tweaking the setting. This monitor is set to Eco mode right out of the box. really dim look. After I changed it to regular mode. perfect !
  3. J

    I hate Intel but..

    you are not one of those AMD fan boys? are you. I like both AMD and Intel, I use them both on my builds
  4. J

    NEC 23" IPS EA231WMi

    I ordered it on 12/7 when the price was $304+ 10 shipping. it was shipped the following day.Fedex tracking said it will deliver on 12/10 woot!! the price is now 360 + 23 shipping. bull shit
  5. J

    NEC 23" IPS EA231WMi

    buy.com has NEC EA231WMI for $304 + $10 shipping. is it a good deal? thinking about pulling the trigger
  6. J

    GALLERY! Show off your HTPC!

    My HTPC setup. nothing fancy. just basic setup. spec in sig.
  7. J

    AMD 'Thuban' desktop 6-CPU engine in 2010

    I agree. I would use intel on my high end build and AMD on my low end build when i want to keep my cost down like WHS and HTPC build. AMD will get the job done on those build.
  8. J

    Q6600 vs. E8400

    I have both Q6600 and E8400. I love them both. Since I don't play games, I can't tell you regarding game performance. I do video encoding on the 6600 and HD play back on the E8400. I never regret buying those bad boys
  9. J

    Data storage system solution Acer or custom build

    I think I am gonna build a WHS box. I decided aganist the Acer I run some numbers and I can probably do it in the 300- 400 range.
  10. J

    Data storage system solution Acer or custom build

    I am not familiar with linux. I wanted a WHS for centralized backup. I am leaning more towards building custom now.
  11. J

    Data storage system solution Acer or custom build

    I thought it comes with the recovery CD to reinstall WHS if the 1TB drive gets corrupted
  12. J

    Data storage system solution Acer or custom build

    I am looking at the following WHS server for storing downloaded media and dvd and blu ray rips acer Aspire Easystore H340 Intel Atom 1.6Ghz 2GB 1TB GBLAN 4 Bay Hotswap Windows Home Server $349.99 I am also looking at a custom build WHS server. but it will be hard to beat the price of Acer...
  13. J

    Acer WHS vs HP WHS

    do you guys know if i can add a video card into the PCI slot or use a USB VGA video card to the Acer?
  14. J

    Receivers and surround sound need help

    enjoy your purchase man
Back
Top