• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by jimmy43

  1. J

    What is the best data recovery place?

    Thought I would post back here to let everyone know the outcome of the saga.. So I contacted DriveSavers and they were very professional. I was quoted the standard 750-2100 rate for a normal recovery. It took them about 2 weeks after they had received the drive to get back to me. Unfortunately...
  2. J

    What is the best data recovery place?

    Haha please..tell me about it! I went super paranoid when my computer almost died and so that is why I got this case which had 2 hard drives. They're not RAID, just a simple manual backup from one to the other on a regular basis. Of course I didn't think they'd both die on me at the exact same...
  3. J

    What is the best data recovery place?

    Thanks for the replies guys! I originally looked at trying to do it myself, but opted for help. Now, since the first drive was was diagnosed as possibly having a platter problem, I only have 1 shot left! Hope these places can help, I will let you know how it turns out!:eek:
  4. J

    What is the best data recovery place?

    They all seem so similar.. I am just looking for a place that is better than the average local data recovery place. International is OK :D The background is, I had an external case with 2 HD, it fried them both at the same time. I took 1 to the local data recovery place and they said they...
  5. J

    PS3 1080i -> 1080p upconversion??

    Hi wow lots of responses really fast! I have an HDMI cable, but there is a setting I just found under movies that says something like "convert 1080i to 1080p" and it was set to automatic, but I changed it to "video". So now it works, thanks!
  6. J

    PS3 1080i -> 1080p upconversion??

    Hi guys, didnt know if this is the right are to post.. I bought a bunch of Blu-Rays to play on my PS3, and now not having realized it, my monitor can only display 1080p, not 1080i, so now I can't see the menus for some of them, or the extras, and some are entirely unplayable. I am...
  7. J

    CMS vs Frameworks

    Thanks for the replies everyone. I will take a look at Magento, I have quite a bit of customization to do anyways so it might work for me. How nicely would Magento play with Zend if i decide to go that route for my framework?
  8. J

    CMS vs Frameworks

    Hi I am going to be doing a bit of an overhaul on one of my old websites. I've used a few frameworks on some recent projects like RoR, Django and ASP.net (my preferred so far), but I have experience only with wordpress as far as cms's go. The website is essentialy a publisher which sells its...
  9. J

    NEC LCD2690

    Hey I got the SV version a few months ago and then calibrated it. Looks great. I'm wondering, since it's calibrated now can i just sell off my SV kit to someone who needs it? I'm quite willing to part with it since I need the money these days.
  10. J

    NEC LCD2690 + PS3

    Thanks everyone, I already got myself some Monster HDMI-DVI Cables for $99 on sale! just joking. ;)
  11. J

    NEC LCD2690 + PS3

    I am a bit confused between DVI-D and DVI-I. Which one am I supposed to use for the PS3? How can I wire the sound from the PS3 to my speakers? Also where can I buy something like this.. Thanks
  12. J

    NEC LCD2690 + PS3

    Hey I just got the MGS PS3 Bundle and I would like to hook it up to my 2690. What sort of adapter do I need for that? Is there any other tips on connecting the PS3 to the 2690? Thanks
  13. J

    Tips on reducing 2690 Input Lag

    Hey everyone, I just got my 2690 and its fantastic. My only slight annoyance has been the input lag. I find it fine in windows, fps and rts's are a bit hard to play. I just ran into this article though: http://xtknight.axspace.com/lcd26/page7.htm Which basicaly shows you that turning...
  14. J

    Sprectraview + LCD2690WUXi + Macbook Pro

    Excellent. Thanks. That information was perfect.
  15. J

    Sprectraview + LCD2690WUXi + Macbook Pro

    Right, the only question i have about that is does Spectraview just need to be run once, then the hardware is calibrated, or does it need to be run as a software utility that stores color settings and runs in the taskbar.
Back
Top