Recent content by jgp83

  1. J

    Computer will only boot from install dvd after downgrading from Windows 8 to 7.

    My parents recently purchased a new Gateway computer that came with Windows 8. The model number is DX4860-UR28. I was able to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 with relatively no problems. The issue I'm facing is that the computer will only boot into Windows 7 if the install dvd is in the...
  2. J

    LEETGION | Hellion Gaming Mouse Lucky Draw

    I would love to review it.
  3. J

    Seasonic High Voltage Lucky Draw

    Seasonic makes great products.
  4. J

    How to properly clean Samsung S27A950D screen?

    I'd like to know the best way to clean the screen of my new monitor. I've read that some people use a microfiber cloth with water or a screen cleaning solution. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
  5. J

    Corsair "Barebones" Christmas Giveaway!

    I love Corsair's excellent customer service.
  6. J

    Four Weeks of Galaxy Give-Aways!

    I would love to have this to play Skyrim.
  7. J

    Samsung S23A750D

    I'm thinking about buying a 120hz 3D gaming monitor. What does everyone think of this one? http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS23A750DS/ZA Or if you have any other recommendations they would be appreciated.
  8. J

    Corsair Giveaway - Force Series™ GT 180GB Solid-State Hard Drive

    I need one for loading times in games to go faster.
  9. J

    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe build problem.

    Yes, I was using the bios defaults for 1606. I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate and then updated the bios to 1850. The temperature on all four cores in Real Temp is 40-43C. The distance to TJ Max is 57. Here is the chassis I am using it has three fans...
  10. J

    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe build problem.

    I've removed the heatsink and cleaned off the pre-applied thermal paste that came with the intel stock cooler, and applied Arctic Silver 5. The temperature for the cpu started at 52C then climbed to 68C. It hasn't exceeded 68C yet. Here are the latest temperature reading from the Asus EFI bios...
  11. J

    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe build problem.

    Yes, the stock cooler is plugged into the cpu fan plug on the motherboard. The fan does spin when the computer boots up. I've also checked the seating of the stock cooler and it is very tight with the plastic pins all the way through the other side. I've checked the rpms listed in the bios and...
  12. J

    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe build problem.

    Hi, I'm fairly new to building my own gaming computer. Here is the problem I am experiencing. This happened right after I assembled the computer and turned it on the first time. The i7 2600k is reading 185F/ 80C in the Asus EPU bios. Then I will get a "cpu over temperature error". I've tried to...
  13. J

    Digg 4.0 and New CEO a Week Away

    This will turn out as well as Kevin Rose's relationship to Sarah Lane.
  14. J

    No sound from Asus Rampage Gene II

    I'm still having the same issue after installing the updated audio drivers. Does anyone else have a idea what might be wrong?
  15. J

    No sound from Asus Rampage Gene II

    I just recently built a new matx gaming computer. Everything works perfectly with the exception of having no sound. I've installed the audio drivers from the CD, and it still won't work at all. If anyone has any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.
Back
Top