• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by je55e

  1. J

    Got 160 TB ZFS FreeNAS. Thinking of converting to ReFS Storage Spaces on Server 2016

    In the picture labelled "Disk only chassis", what is the "motherboard" device and how is the "disk only chassis" connected to the "Main chassis" if you don't mind me asking? PS: Awesome setup!
  2. J

    [project] What would a kicka** home network look like?

    I can speak from experience on this one. ZFS and SMB are two completely different things - different types of technology if you will. However, with the help of the OS, they do work together to share your files/folders. I have a Linux server sitting in the basement. It uses ZFS as it's file...
  3. J

    UNC: This folder is empty. IP: Works fine.

    I haven't, but my train of thought was: if it works with the IP I don't see what the firewall would be blocking if I used the UNC. However, I will also give that a try when I get back home.
  4. J

    UNC: This folder is empty. IP: Works fine.

    I have not. Will try when I get home tonight.
  5. J

    UNC: This folder is empty. IP: Works fine.

    Yep. Pinging the server shows the correct IP address. I can actually see the individual shares, just they're all empty when I double click on them.
  6. J

    UNC: This folder is empty. IP: Works fine.

    I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I just changed over to a domain controller. Everything was working perfectly before that. I recently changed it to a domain controller so I could use WDS. On my windows 8 and 7 machines if I browse to \\server I get prompted for a user name and password...
  7. J

    Network Printing Protocols for Shared Printer

    Printers, without a doubt, are my Kryptonite. I recently purchased a Xerox Phaser 6500DN. I've hooked it up to my network and I would like to share it through my Windows 2008 R2 server. It's a mixed network (macs + PCs). I was wondering if someone could give a little advice as to what...
  8. J

    Corsair Giveaway - Force Series™ GT 180GB Solid-State Hard Drive

    I need one of these to put into raid with another one that I already have. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SPEED?! :eek:
  9. J

    DHCP Lease issue (I think)

    Didn't use to have the issue on the old APs. I forget what they are, but I can check tomorrow.
  10. J

    DHCP Lease issue (I think)

    Good Day All! Recently I've run into an issue in Windows 7 (bootcamp) that "seems" to be tied to the DHCP Lease on a lab of wireless Macbooks (education setting), and some wired MacMini machines. In a nutshell the issue typically goes like this (in Windows 7 remember): - System boots up fine...
  11. J

    Proposed new/first Home Server Build

    My Perc 6/i card should be arriving sometime next week. I've been doing a little (lot) of reading and was curious about the whole "4k sector" issue. Anyone have any first hand experience? I'm currently reading my way through 550+ page thread on another forum about it. If someone would like to...
  12. J

    Proposed new/first Home Server Build

    The perc 6i, can I rebuild/expand the array while it's online? (AKA: will I still have access to my files while it's doing it's thing?)
  13. J

    Proposed new/first Home Server Build

    True. I suppose I was mistakenly equated one with the other. What about with WHS 2011 and raid? (Update original post to show WHS2011) I was going to use the mobo onboard raid and I figured $40 for raid-1 didn't seem like that much, but I do understand where you are coming from.
  14. J

    Proposed new/first Home Server Build

    Main purpose is to just store files (ripped isos so I can get rid of the disks, encoded dvds, etc), documents, and computer backup images. The reason I picked WHS is because it's familiar. The reason I picked Raid is because I'm anal about losing files :D
Back
Top