• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Network Printing Protocols for Shared Printer

je55e

n00b
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
19
Printers, without a doubt, are my Kryptonite.

I recently purchased a Xerox Phaser 6500DN. I've hooked it up to my network and I would like to share it through my Windows 2008 R2 server.

It's a mixed network (macs + PCs).

I was wondering if someone could give a little advice as to what printing protocol(s) I should be using. I don't want to use them all for security reasons.

Protocols:
TCP/IP
LPR
Port9100
IPP
WSD
FTP
SMB
Bonjour
Telnet
SNMP

Also, any preference on PostScript vs. PCL?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top