Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
gotcha, i didn't know that. oh well, i guess i'll put it on the tab.
if i buy it all in store, it's 526.51, tax included, and i can collect it all tomorrow. well outside of my budget, but given that i hadn't thought about the OS, that's pretty much dead on target. neato! there's a couple...
turns out i lied about the power source - it's an Antec Smart Power 450W. came with the case.
can i just skip the PSU then? it's probably like 6-7 years old now but it hasn't had that much use.
i'd prefer an amd too, were it not for the linux support question.
i've spent too much time pissing about with drivers that aren't well-supported out of the box even in ubuntu...if it ain't plug and play, i don't want to deal with it. when it is plug and play, everything works with nary a...
thanks dude! appreciate it, i will probably go with this. i think you are right about the ram. it's not that much extra $ either.
do you have a recommendation for a similarly-priced and comparably-powerful nvidia card? also, is 430W enough for this build?
yes, in westmont IL. ~10 miles drive, 28mpg. nbd.
i did forget the wifi card, yes. $150 is for ram, psu, and hdd. video card i specified $100-125 separately, which may take me slightly out of budget.
i think i'll have to pay tax for online purchases as well (IL), but you're right that i...
yeah, retail xp home. can i use that key and an upgrade? will it be cheaper?
the case is an antec sonata ii for sure.
having started to paw through components here, i realize that my budget is pretty tight, and most of the components i'm seeing recommended for cheaper gaming builds are in...
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
video game playing and probably some document composition. i would like to be able to play video games, but i don't need settings turned up all the way. as long as it can handle the next 3-4 years' worth of games in...
I am enjoying the One S so far. The camera is quite good. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison but I'm sure it's as least as good as that on the N95. If it weren't, the ease of use and the fantastic variety of options would more than make up for it.
Another issue I had with the Nexus...
Hi all,
Thanks for the advice. Given that you've all suggested they may be more or less on par, I opted instead for the HTC One S, which it seems is generally considered superior to the Nexus. Hopefully this means it will be an improvement on the N95.
Much as I enjoyed the Nokia, it's...
I've got a Nokia N95 8GB that I'm pretty fond of, but it's really time to upgrade. I use the camera judiciously. I keep hearing tales of mediocrity regarding the Galaxy Nexus' camera; how would it compare to the N95? If it's a significant improvement - even if not up to snuff with, say, the...
I use a plain Jansport (http://www.amazon.com/Jansport-STUDENT-BACKPACK-STYLE-TDN7-4ut/dp/B005H7CZTU/ref=pd_sbs_sg_14), and a laptop sleeve if I'm carrying a computer. I've been using mine for well over a decade and it has not so much as broken a single stitch.
I have a Timbuk2 that I got from...
I don't think the OP's question is whether he is liable for owning a stolen laptop. He has a moral dilemma on his hands.
OP: It seems sketchy as hell. I think you're not comfortable with the computer, and that's admirable - plenty of people would just call it someone else's problem. Report it...
I have a five-year-old tablet with 1.6GHz C2D processor and 2GB of RAM, and it does everything I ask it to except play video games. And it weighs 4lb.
When I try to carry my 15" bruiser places, I hate myself. It rarely moves from my desk.