Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I reseated it, looks like you guys were right. It's down to idling around 50 now. Will that be ok for a few weeks while I learn what the hell I'm doing? :o How low should I expect from a retail hs/fan?
I just put together this system, finally got it up and running. P4 630, ABIT AL8V, 2 512 mb Kingston ddr2 667 sticks. The CPU is idling in the mid to high 60s C, and of course will lock up whenever it really starts working. I'm using the stock heatsink and fan that came with the processor right...
I recently purchased some new parts and I am having problems with the system stability. I bought an Antec TP2550 power supply, an Abit AL8V MB, and a P4 630. Every time I try to boot it up, it begins the boot up procedure and then shuts itself off after a few seconds. It's not hanging on any one...