Recent content by icdragon

  1. I

    Audio Cables

    Of course it does, thanks. Thanks, phide. Will do the second.
  2. I

    Audio Cables

    Which cable would be best suited for the sub? http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023601&p_id=619&seq=1&format=2 http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=2680&seq=1&format=2...
  3. I

    Audio Cables

    Is it worth getting some nice ones from bluejeanscable.com rather than monoprice? I am thinking of an spdif (optical or coax?), speaker wire, and subwoofer cable, all for short distances <10'. Any suggestions on which I should do from bluejeans if any? Thanks! Sub optical and 20' of speaker...
  4. I

    Hissing

    I tried the power strip and wall socket (no antenna), also ran a wire from a ground screw on the receiver to my PC chassis, and when moving the contact it would make a slight pop but still hissed. Anything else to try?
  5. I

    Hissing

    How? Running wires to a ground pin in an outlet? To the frame of the receiver? (<3 your sig.) Edit: the unit only has a polarity sensitive power plug with no ground, could it be that the chassis is an insufficient ground?
  6. I

    Hissing

    I know you guys have something to say about this...
  7. I

    Hissing

    There is a quiet hiss coming from speakers/headphones powered by a Denon AVR 1705 (at the moment through the headphone jack) while using spdif rca from onboard PC audio or regular mini to rca analog mode (FM radio too, even audible while switching between stations). I've tried all the processing...
  8. I

    Swannnns

    http://www.acoustechspeakers.com/showpage.php?brand=1&type=8&spkrID=26 Yep, recommended all over the place for the price. I was drooling over a nice SVS for a firm $500, but no. There are other things I could spend my money on. Like hookers.
  9. I

    Swannnns

    Zenshi, ended up with the following: Denon AVR 1705 $110 2x Polk RTi4 $44 Bic Acoustech $210 So ~$350 incl S&H, used off ebay, $200 out of pocket as I sold my z5500's for $160. Hope to get it all in the mail soon, and I feel bad for the USPS and UPS guys. Thanks all!
  10. I

    AR TSW-210 or others?

    Looking for the first fronts to a new HT/computer setup, will pair with a Yamaha HTR 5960 or Denon AVR 1705 and Bic H-100. Does anyone have thoughts on these choices? Acoustic Research TSW-210 Infinity Primus P152 Polk R15 / R150 http://www.audiocircuit.com/index.php?c=ACU&m=TSW-210...
  11. I

    Swan v Onkyo HTIB v others

    How about the Athena LS-100s for $100? Better than all of the speakers listed off so far? Or are they not worth the price difference if I manage some R150s or Insignias for ~$50? Edit: Or the old AR TSW-210s? Thoughts?
  12. I

    Swan v Onkyo HTIB v others

    Awesome, I will get to scouring CL and ebay, any other places to look? I glanced on audiogon and everything seemed high end and expensive. Also, say no to a possible trade of the z's for an Onkyo SR-800 in favor of a cash sale (and thus piecing it together used)? Edit: No luck on any of the...
  13. I

    Swannnns

    Hmm, yeah. It doesn't seem right to have a number of different independent and unmatched pieces working side by side. As for bass, I will play games (from gunshots to ambience), music (the gamut), movies (again), and would like it to be there. It sounds like a guy might want to trade the z5500s...
  14. I

    Swannnns

    Interesting. Why?
  15. I

    Swannnns

    Sure thing, man. I am really liking the thought of a receiver, sub, and two fronts, but jesus they are pricey. Waiting on the skyline guy for suggestions.
Back
Top